Puppy Helper Experience
Guide Dogs has a Puppy Helper Experience at the National Breeding Centre near Leamington Spa. The half day experience allows visitors to get hands-on with activities including:
- Meeting and helping us to socialise some of our puppies
- Touring our puppy facilities and learning about their journey
- Feeding a litter of puppies (when possible)
- Learning about how we train our guide dogs
- Experiencing a blindfold walk
- Meet a guide dog owner, subject to availability
- Taking a behind the scenes tour of the centre
- Sensory Tunnel experience
- Photo opportunities
Group sizes will be limited to a maximum of 6 people. The experience can be bought as a celebratory gift, work incentive, or for educational reasons. Visitors will receive a certificate and gift at the end of the session to go with some great memories of these very special dogs. The Guide Dogs service receives no government funding. All the income we raise helps us continue to breed the guide dogs of the future.
The session last 3 hours. Morning sessions are 10am-1pm, and afternoon sessions are 1.30-4.30pm. The cost is £95 for 1 place, £180 for 2, £255 for 3, £320 for 4, £375 for 5, £420 for all 6.
There are 75 sessions through the year, which are all on Monday mornings, Wednesday afternoons, and Friday afternoons. We receive many requests for dates on a weekend, but are not able to do this.
"The great interaction and time we were given to play and feed the pups was lovely. The staff were extremely informative and friendly. Thank you so much for making this a special day."
"It was a great experience - I really enjoyed playing with the puppies but also learning about how guide dogs can help blind people. I'd love to go again"
"the children said it was the best day of their lives!"