- Monday from 2.00pm - 4.00pm from 2016
- Tuesday from 2.00pm to 4.00pm
- Wednesday from 2.00pm to 4.00pm
- Wednesday 10:30 - 12:30. School holidays only
- Friday from 10.30am to 12.30pm in 2015
- Saturday tours from 10am-12pm over summer.
Please contact us for dates.
Book a tour
To book a tour please email NBCvisitors@guidedogs.org.uk or phone 0845 3727 432.
Calls to our National Breeding Centre will cost 3 pence per minute plus your telephone company’s access charge.
Our tours will give you the chance to
see our puppies as they socialise and grow,
gaining experience of everyday sights and sounds which will help them develop the skills they need as guide dogs.
You can expect to see the National Breeding Centre going through its daily activities and find out how we use the latest technology and innovations in our breeding
programme. Our guides will take you along the specially built walkways which enable you to view our work without disturbing either the dogs or staff. Take our Sensory Tunnel experience to get a brief insight into living with sight loss, and learn how people with sight loss get about.
Towards the end of the tour you'll have the opportunity to purchase gifts and pet products from our shop, where tea & coffee will also be served.
Importantly, you'll have the opportunity to meet some of our dogs, who will accompany Centre Guides on the tour.
- Tour numbers - tours can take up to 50 people (a coach party).
- Parking facilities for coaches are available in the coach park and for a limited number of cars - please use the Visitors' car park, or overflow car park if it is full.
- On arrival - please can individuals or party leaders report to Visitors' Reception, to sign in. In the event of a fire alarm, party leaders will be responsible for accounting that their visitors are present.
- Children must be supervised.
- Be prepared - please bring sensible footwear for the tour as some areas of the centre require visitors to go outdoors. Whilst we do have a limited number of umbrellas we'd recommend you bring a coat or your own umbrella with you.
- Pets - we regret that NO pets are allowed on these visits, unless of course they are guide dogs or other guide dog stock, in which case they will be made welcome. Toilet facilities for dogs will be available.
- Cost - there is no charge made for visits to the National Breeding Centre but donations will be gratefully received. Guide Dogs receives no government funding so relies entirely on the generosity of the public to continue its services.
- Photos - you are welcome to bring a camera to take photos. There are a few areas where flash photography is not allowed which your tour guide will inform you of.
At our centre we aim to create a calm and ordered environment for all who visit and work here - and especially for our dogs. We hope you will do all you can to help us achieve this.
The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association does not accept liability in the event of injury to persons or the loss/damage of their property whilst on these premises, unless caused by the negligence of The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association.
I just wanted to say a big “Thank You” for allowing my group the opportunity to visit the National Breeding Centre yesterday. It was a fascinating visit and all the staff were amazing and so accommodating. The tour had us all captivated for the duration and we all learnt so much about the fantastic work that you are all doing.
We all came back to the coach with lots of goodies purchased from the gift shop and wonderful memories of our day out.
Thank you so much and I will certainly pass the word around (as will all the others on the coach) and hopefully we can organize another trip sometime in the future.