The alarm bell - Ivy and Carmen
Ivy accidentally left the gas on when she was cooking in her kitchen and breathed in the deadly fumes for six hours. She eventually collapsed in her chair after being overcome but Carmen tugged Ivy’s sleeve until she woke up and waited with her until Ivy’s carers arrived and called an ambulance. Ivy said: “Carmen quite literally saved my life – I would not be here without her! She's my hero”
You and your dog can be a hero for Guide Dogs too. Take part in a Dogs Unite event near you or why not gather together your friends, family or colleagues and organise your own sponsored walk to raise vital funds that will make a life-changing difference to those with sight loss – it really is as easy as a walk in the park!