Thank you for going Global!
On Sunday 23 April, the pet dogs of Britain joined forces with others across Europe and Africa to help change lives. The four-legged heroes took on Global Dogs Unite, a sponsored dog walk for Guide Dogs, and we’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone for taking part!
Below are just a few of the "pawsome" fundraisers who were out and about for Dogs Unite over the weekend:
- Sarah’s Evie (Bullmastiff) and Geoffrey (Golden Retriever), pictured right, made it a social occasion by walking around Middleton Park in Leeds with the help of their canine friends Casey and Sid. They have raised a magnificent £175.
- Ann and her Springer/Labrador Cross, Boots, walked 4.5km across Clapham Common and have raised just under £600. Ann said: “We decided to take part because it was such an easy way to raise funds for such a worthwhile cause, which will make a real difference to people's lives.”
- Kate and Cerys (pictured right) went on a long walk for their Dogs Unite walk for their Dogs Unite adventure. Kate said: "Cerys loved her Dogs Unite walk today - a 7.4 mile walk from just outside Skipton to Flasby and back. She bounced excitedly the whole way!"
- John and Sue’s pack raised £250 for their walk on the high ground above Prestatyn with Duncan (Scottish Terrier), Oliver and Sasha (Cairn Terrier), Archie, Westie and Gypsy (Cairn Terrier cross).
- Janice and William raised £150 with their withdrawn guide dog, Jazzie, a 3-year-old Labrador Retriever cross. The three of them, pictured right, went on a five mile walk around the village of Great Finsborough in Suffolk.
Thank you all for your support!
Now you’ve walked the walk, are you wondering how to pay in your life-changing funds? Find out here.