- You are here:
- Services >
- Children and Young People's Services
Children and Young People's Services
In supporting children, young people and their families, Guide Dogs offers:
- guide dogs for children and young people
- buddy dogs
- Movement matters habilitation service - Including assessments, mobility, orientation and independence training, parent guidance days and professional workshops.
- Family Support - Trained and experienced staff are there for parents with practical advice and support from the moment their child is diagnosed with a visual impairment. Starting Point is a guide for parents from first diagnosis including a telephone helpline, online and printed resources.
- CustomEyes Books - We can produce books in large-print, tailor-made to suit a child’s eye condition. The service includes fact and popular fiction titles, annuals and National Curriculum revision guides for home and school.
- Education support - We offer expert, independent help and advice in accessing the right specialist support. We help make sure the individual needs of children and young people with a visual impairment are met in the best educational environment for them.
- Access Technology - Technology can really help ‘level the playing field’ for children with visual impairment. We provide expert individual assessments and grants giving children and young people access to personalised equipment to help them communicate, study and play.
- Recreational activities - We offer an expanding UK-wide programme of day and weekend family events, plus social and adventure activities.