- You are here:
- Home >
- Privacy Statement
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We use appropriate technologies to safeguard your details, and keep to strict security standards to prevent unauthorised access to it.
Information exchange and unsubscribing
Your details will be used to enable us to administer your query or order and to send you further information about our work (Guide Dogs for the Blind Association and Guide Dogs Trading Company). We will not sell or exchange your details with other organisations, however we may sometimes contact you with offers from companies that benefit Guide Dogs and may be of interest. By submitting your details to us, you are agreeing to allow us to share your details with the Trading Company and other organisations who may fulfil your order or query and receive such information, including via email. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Customer Services, Guide Dogs, Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG.
What information do we collect?
- Information Requests. We use contact information from web forms and emails to send you information or materials that you have requested. Your contact information is also used to contact you when necessary, for example, to fulfil a query.
- Orders and Donations. Any orders and donations you make will require personal and financial information. We will collect your contact information (such as email address), demographic information (like age, profession), and financial information (such as account numbers).
Contact information and financial information from the order and donation forms are used to fulfil orders. Your contact information is also used to get in touch with you when necessary, for example to be able to fulfil an order. Financial information that is collected is held securely and deleted on an ongoing basis (NB credit card details are not stored).
Please note that we have the ability to retain any data that you provide on this website using VeCapture by Ve Interactive, even if you do not complete your donation/transaction by clicking donate securely. Such contact details and data may be used to contact you to enquire why you did not complete your donation/transaction. If you have any questions about this, please contact our dedicated Supporter Care team on 0870 240 6993 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).
Cookies and IP addresses
We measure visits to our websites in order to improve their usability. The data we collect may contain personal information (an IP address and/or cookies). We do not link IP addresses to individuals. Your IP addresses are used for internal research and promotion purposes and are not provided to third parties. Cookies issued by us only contain a unique number and therefore contain no personal data. We do not link cookies to individuals other than to recognise repeat visits.
(IP address definition - An IP address is a series of numbers that identify computers on the internet. IP addresses can theoretically be linked to an individual. Such linking requires additional information (particularly from the internet provider who issued the IP address or from the visitor themselves). For that reason IP addresses are considered personal data. )
(Cookie definition - A cookie is a small file that is stored on the computer of a visitor when they visit a website. If they visit the website again, the cookie shows that it is a repeat visit. Because the visitor is recognised though the cookie, cookies are considered personal data. In addition, cookies may contain personal data themselves.)
Cookies on Guide Dogs websites.
We employ a number of cookies across our websites in order to enhance the user experience, and ensure that we are able to provide the relevant content that our visitors expect.
To do this we use a combination of session, persistent and third party cookies.
Information about the cookies we employ:
- Session cookies allow our users to link their actions during browser sessions, they expire after a session and are not stored long term. We use this type of cookie to maintain a user session on the websites, we also use session cookies to collect data on how visitors use our website, for example: what type of browser they are using, what pages are popular.
- Persistent cookies are stored on a user's device in between browser sessions which allows the preferences or actions of the user across a site to be remembered. We use persistent cookies to make our website more accessible to users. These cookies help us to provide the user with the text size and colour options they require.
- Third party cookies are set by a domain other than the one visited by the user. We use these cookies for our work with third party organisations, to allow us to understand the journey that our visitors take to get to our website.
If you have any further questions about cookies then please contact email@example.com
What happens when you link to another site?
We do not pass on any personal information about you to any other site when you link to another non Guide Dogs' site.
Access to your information
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by e-mailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Guide Dogs, Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG.
Users 17 and under
If you are aged 17 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before using our website.