Our grant criteria
Please read our guidelines below before filling in your application form.
- We will consider a request for funding for technology that will be of a clear, direct benefit to children and young people with vision impairment(s) where no source of statutory funding will pay.
- Applicants aged 18 and under who are certificated or eligible to be certificated as Severely Sight Impaired (blind) or Sight Impaired (partially sighted) to be considered. Applicants will need to supply a copy of a CVI or a letter from an Ophthalmologist.
- If your child has yet to be diagnosed or you do not have documentation of Vision Impairment please contact us to discuss further.
- The application will need to be supported by a VI Professional working directly with the applicant at the time of the submission.
- Please complete all sections of the form.
- Equipment and/or software provided by Guide Dogs is for home use only. When processing an application, we may contact another professional who works with the applicant to confirm the suitability of the items being applied for.
- The provision of equipment and software within an educational environment (school/college) is the responsibility of the education provider.
- Applications will need to explain how the equipment applied for will support the applicant's everyday life and the decision to support an application will be based on the information provided.
- Applicants will be informed of the result by email. In the case of successful applications, a minimum 10% contribution, will be required, including VAT and postage.
- Full payment, along with the return of the order confirmation will be required before an order can be placed.
- One application, including an unsuccessful application, can be made in one year. Successful applicants may not apply again within three years.
- If you have received an apple production via the ‘Tech for All’ scheme you are still welcome to apply for other technology through Guide Dogs Grant service.
- The decision to provide support will be made by professionals from the Guide Dogs team. Every decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Funds will not be paid retrospectively or to individuals and all grants are dependent on available funding.
- Please send your completed applications, including supporting documents to email@example.com. You will receive a notification email when your application has been received. If you hear nothing within two weeks, please contact us.