- The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association (Guide Dogs) operates a raffle (known as the “Guide Dogs Raffle” but hereinafter referred to as the Raffle) which is licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005.
- Licensee: Guide Dogs, Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, RG7 3YG.
- Promoter and Responsible Person: Maria Novell, Guide Dogs, Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, RG7 3YG.
- All profits raised from the Raffle will go towards the work of Guide Dogs. Registered Charity Numbers: 209617 in England and Wales and SC038979 in Scotland.
- By entering the Raffle you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any Raffle entry and participation instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. Any entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions will not be valid.
- Guide Dogs Raffle are open only to individuals aged 16 years or over who live in Great Britain. It is against the law for tickets to be purchased or sold by anyone under the age of 16. Any person who has entered the Raffle and who is found to be under 16 years old will automatically forfeit any prize and their stakes will be returned. You may be required to verify that you are over 16 before entering the Raffle.
- The Raffle is not open to employees of the Licensee who are directly involved with the running of the Raffle, the Licensee’s subsidiary companies or any company involved with running the Raffle.
- The cost of each entry into the Raffle is £1. You may purchase more than one entry but the maximum number of entries is £1,000 over a 12 month period. Tickets must be returned by the specified close date to guarantee entry into the draw. Any entries received after the close date may not be entered into the draw and will be treated as a donation.
- The identity of the person entering the Raffle must be clear on all Raffle tickets and/or response slips. Any ticket entries received which cannot be identified to an individual will not be entered into the draw and will be treated as a donation.
- The prizes are as described on the Raffle website at Guide Dogs Raffle or available by post on request to the Raffle Helpline on 0800 652 4746. The first prize will be a choice of a cash prize or a car of similar value as described on the website. The first prize winner has up to 28 days to notify Guide Dogs of their first prize choice, thereafter the first prize will default to the cash prize. No alternatives to any prize will be offered and no interest is payable.
- The draw will take place on the date specified on the raffle ticket. Prizes will be drawn in order – the first prize will be drawn first, second prize second, third prizes next and so on until all prizes have been drawn.
- A Speed Draw may be conducted as part of the Raffle and details of the prizes will be explained on the Raffle promotional material. No alternatives to any prize will be offered and no interest is payable. Prizes will be sent out (at the Licensee’s discretion) no later than the main Raffle draw date.
- The winning numbers will be published on the Website one week after the draw date. This shall be for information purposes only and, subject to paragraph 10, prizes shall be awarded only to winning entries as recorded during the draw. Only entries for which full payment has been received will be eligible to win a prize.
- A list of the titles, surnames and home towns of winners will be published on the Website and will also be available by post on request to the Raffle Helpline on 0800 652 4746.
- By entering the Raffle you acknowledge and agree to your title, surname and county being published in relation to you being a winner in the Raffle, including on the Website and on promotional materials relating to the Raffle and related activities.
- The Licensee reserves the right to reject your entry, terminate your subscription and/or award any prize to an alternative winner if the Licensee has grounds to believe that you have breached any of these Terms and Conditions, acted fraudulently or illegally, or on other reasonable grounds and the Licensee shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage you suffer arising from the Licensee exercising such rights. The licensee is not liable to return any amounts already paid to any entrant found to be under 16. Any other refund the licensee makes will be made in the licensee’s discretion and only made in exceptional circumstances.
- The Licensee will provide cash prizes paid by cheque (at the Licensee’s discretion) within 56 days of the draw. If a prize cannot be paid within 6 months of the date of the draw it will be forfeited.
- The Licensee reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Raffle in whole or in part in the Licensee’s sole discretion.
- Subject to clause 20, the Licensee shall not be liable for:
- Raffle entries or communications which are lost, stolen or delayed in the post, damaged or illegible, from which the prize winner or entrant cannot be identified or which have insufficient postage (proof of posting is not proof of receipt);
- the Licensee’s failure or inability to contact you and/or award any prize due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact or bank details you have provided or your failure to update these if they change;
- loss or damage incurred by you in connection with your participation in the Raffle or your use of any prize;
- any interruptions or errors on or to the Website;
- technical hardware or software errors or failures or lost, faulty or unavailable network connections; or
- any failure or delay beyond the Licensee’s reasonable control.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit the Licensee’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or for any other matter for which liability may not be limited by law.
- The licensee may amend these terms and conditions at any time. We shall notify you of any material changes to these terms and conditions via the Website or by contacting you directly using the contact details you provided to us on registration (such method to be determined by the licensee in its discretion), before those changes take effect.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Licensee’s decision in all matters relating to the Raffle is final. The Licensee operates a complaints and disputes procedure which is available on the Website and by post on request or upon you making a complaint to the Guide Dogs Raffle Helpline on 0800 652 4746. All complaints and disputes will be handled in accordance with the procedure. If your complaint relates to the outcome of your gambling transaction and cannot be dealt with by the Licensee to your satisfaction, you have the right, free of charge, to have the matter referred to an independent person offering alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) services IBAS. Referral of the dispute to an ADR entity will not restrict your right to bring proceedings in respect of the dispute in a court of competent jurisdiction.
- The Licensee is committed to operating the Raffle in a socially responsible way. If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware via their website at www.begambleaware.org (link is external) or from the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133. You can also choose to self-exclude from the Guide Dogs Raffle if you’re experiencing problems with gambling by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling us on 0800 652 4746. This exclusion will apply for a minimum of six months and you will need to contact us after this time has passed to play again. A 24-hour cooling off period will apply following a request to return to gambling.
- Please note that Maria Novell is now the licensee for lottery and raffle, however, some collateral is still in circulation with Steve Vaid’s name on.
Guide Dogs Raffle is registered with the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005, www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk. Licence number 4946.
In 2018, 74% of the total proceeds from Guide Dogs Lotteries were applied for the unrestricted purposes of the charity, whose core objective is to provide mobility services to people who are blind or partially sighted. The remaining 26% of the total proceeds covers prizes and the administrative costs of running the lotteries.
Guide Dogs also ran a Lottery draw in collaboration with the People’s Postcode Lottery in 2018, of which 32% of the proceeds were applied for the unrestricted purposes of the charity.
Supplementary Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions are in addition to the main terms and conditions appearing [above].
Gift Card Speed Draw
Supporters who return their completed raffle tickets within 14 days of the mailing date will be entered into a free prize draw to win a £10 Marks and Spencer gift card. 50 winners will be selected. The draw will take place at the Guide Dogs head office within 45 days of the raffle mail date.
Find out more about the Speed Draw and how you can be entered by calling our supporter care team on 0800 652 4746.
Soft Toy Speed Draw
Supporters who return their completed raffle tickets within 14 days of the mailing date will be entered into a free prize draw to win a Guide Dogs soft toy. 50 winners will be selected. The draw will take place at the Guide Dogs head office within 30 days of the raffle mail date.
Find out more about more about the Speed Draw and how you can be entered by calling our supporter care team on 0800 652 4746.
Golden Puppy Draw
Golden Tickets will be distributed with some of our raffle packs. The Golden ticket allows the supporter to be entered into a free prize draw to win an additional cash prize. Prizes may vary per raffle. The draw will take place at the Guide Dogs head office on the same day as the current related raffle.
Find out more about the Golden Tickets and how you can receive one by calling our supporter care team on 0800 652 4746.