Staff volunteering programmes are proven to boost staff morale, develop team building and improve staff retention. Contact us to discuss a range of opportunities available, from becoming a volunteer puppy walker to taking part in our My Guide, sighted guiding programme.
The opportunities are endless. Here are just a few we’ve put together. However we would love to hear from you and work together to build something unique for your organisation.
- Marshalling at events such as the Guide Dogs’ Coniston Challenge and the London Marathon
- Volunteering at our regional open days and fun days
- Helping with collections – especially during Guide Dogs Week, our annual flagship fundraising week
- Boarding one of our dogs in training which entails keeping them in the evenings and weekends
- Puppy walking a future guide dog for their first year before going into training
- Taking part in a fun and interactive apprentice style challenge day providing the charity with funds and/or gifts in kind
- Helping in a hands on project at one of our Training Schools or Centres, such as, constructing a sensory garden (subject to availability)
- Signing a team up to the Guide Dogs' Coniston Adventure Team Challenge