Steps to rehome one of our dogs
- Read the rehoming pages and check the essential criteria to ensure that you are eligible to apply to provide a home for one of our dogs.
- Complete the Rehoming Application Form and email, post or fax it to the Guide Dogs Training School that covers your home address. Please contact us if you need this form in a different format.
- One of the team will be in touch if we need further information to support your application. If you haven't heard from us within six months, unfortunately this means we don’t yet have a suitable dog for you and we ask you to either reapply or visit our website for other ways to help.
- One of the team will arrange a telephone interview/home visit with you as soon as we identify a potential dog and we can answer any questions you have about rehoming.
- We will arrange an introduction to the dog after the home visit. The introduction could be at your home or you might be asked to visit your Guide Dog Training School or one of our other offices local to you.
- If the introduction is successful, we will complete the necessary documents, take payment and you will be able to take the dog with you that day.
- One of the team will contact you two weeks later to check that you and your new dog are happy, and to provide any further advice and support
Complete the rehoming application formDownload the form