- The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association (Guide Dogs) operates a number of raffles (known as the “Guide Dogs Raffles” but hereinafter referred to as the Raffle(s) which is licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005.
- Licensee: Guide Dogs, Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, RG7 3YG.
- Promoter and Responsible Person: Ian Scarr c/o Guide Dogs, Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, RG7 3YG.
- All profits raised from the Raffle will go towards the work of Guide Dogs. Registered Charity Numbers: 209617 in England and Wales and SC038979 in Scotland.
- By entering the Raffle you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any Raffle entry and participation instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. Any entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions will not be valid.
- The Raffle is open only to individuals aged 16 years or over. It is unlawful for tickets or entries to be purchased or sold by anyone under the age of 16. Any person who has entered the Raffle and who is found to be under 16 years old will automatically forfeit any prize and their stakes will be returned. You may be required to verify that you are over 16 before entering the Raffle, or to claim a prize.
- The Raffle is open only to individuals who reside in Great Britain (defined as England, Scotland and Wales and associated islands).
- The Raffle is not open to employees of the Licensee who are directly involved with the running of the Raffle, the Licensee’s subsidiary companies or any company involved with running the Raffle.
- The cost of each entry into the Raffle is £1. You may purchase more than one entry. The maximum number of online entries for any individual raffle is 100 per transaction. Tickets must be returned by the specified close date to guarantee entry into the draw for that particular raffle. Any entries received after the close date may not be entered into the draw and will be treated as a donation. Over any given 12 month period, the maximum entries into the Raffle is 750 across all raffles.
- Payment to enter the Raffle must be made in advance. If you enter the raffle by post payment can be made by credit card, debit card, cheque or postal order. If you enter the raffle online, we are only able to accept debit card payment. Once the payment for Raffle tickets has been received, the tickets are allocated to the draw immediately. Guide Dogs do not hold any funds within customer accounts.
- The identity of the person entering the Raffle must be clear on all Raffle tickets and/or response slips. Any ticket entries received which cannot be identified to an individual will not be entered into the draw and will be treated as a donation.
- The prizes are as described in paragraph 28. Alternatively, a prize list is available by post on request to the Raffle Helpline on 0800 652 4746. No alternatives to any prize will be offered and no interest is payable.
- The draw will take place on the date specified on the raffle ticket and website. Raffle prizes are drawn at random, with the first winner drawn being awarded the first prize, the second winner drawn being awarded the second prize, and the third winner drawn being awarded third prize. The draw will continue in a similar fashion until all prizes are drawn.
- A Speed Draw may be conducted as part of the Raffle and details of the prizes will be explained on the Raffle promotional material. No alternatives to any prize will be offered and no interest is payable. Prizes will be sent out (at the Licensee’s discretion) no later than the main Raffle draw date.
- The winning numbers will be published on the Website one week after the draw date. This shall be for information purposes only and, subject to paragraph 10, prizes shall be awarded only to winning entries as recorded during the draw. Only entries for which full payment has been received will be eligible to win a prize.
- A list of the winning ticket numbers and towns of winners’ residence will be published on the Website and will also be available by post on request to the Raffle Helpline on 0800 652 4746.
- Winners will be invited to take part in publicity to promote the Raffle, however this is not a precondition of entering the draw and the winner reserves the right to anonymity.
- By entering the Raffle you acknowledge and agree to your town of residence being published in relation to you being a winner in the Raffle, including on the Website and on promotional materials relating to the Raffle and related activities.
- The Licensee reserves the right to reject your entry, terminate your subscription and/or award any prize to an alternative winner if the Licensee has grounds to believe that you have breached any of these Terms and Conditions, acted fraudulently or illegally, or on other reasonable grounds and the Licensee shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage you suffer arising from the Licensee exercising such rights. The licensee is not liable to return any amounts already paid to any entrant found to be under 16. Any other refund the licensee makes will be made at the licensee’s discretion and only made in exceptional circumstances.
- The Licensee will provide cash prizes paid by cheque (at the Licensee’s discretion) within 56 days of the draw. If a prize cannot be paid within 6 months of the date of the draw it will be forfeited.
- The Licensee reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Raffle in whole or in part in the Licensee’s sole discretion.
- Subject to clause 21, the Licensee shall not be liable for:
1. Raffle entries or communications which are lost, stolen or delayed in the post, damaged or illegible, from which the prize winner or entrant cannot be identified or which have insufficient postage (proof of posting is not proof of receipt);
2. the Licensee’s failure or inability to contact you and/or award any prize due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact or bank details you have provided or your failure to update these if they change;
3. loss or damage incurred by you in connection with your participation in the Raffle or your use of any prize;
4. any interruptions or errors on or to the Website;
5. technical hardware or software errors or failures or lost, faulty or unavailable network connections; or
6. any failure or delay beyond the Licensee’s reasonable control.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit the Licensee’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or for any other matter for which liability may not be limited by law.
The licensee may amend these terms and conditions at any time. We shall notify you of any material changes to these terms and conditions via the Website or by contacting you directly using the contact details you provided to us on registration (such method to be determined by the licensee in its discretion), before those changes take effect.
These terms and conditions are governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The Licensee’s decision in all matters relating to the Raffle is final. The Licensee operates a complaints and disputes procedure which is available on the Website and by post on request or upon you making a complaint to the Guide Dogs Raffle Helpline on 0800 652 4746. All complaints and disputes will be handled in accordance with the procedure. If your complaint relates to the outcome of your gambling transaction and cannot be dealt with by the Licensee to your satisfaction, you have the right, free of charge, to have the matter referred to an independent person offering alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) services IBAS. Referral of the dispute to an ADR entity will not restrict your right to bring proceedings in respect of the dispute in a court of competent jurisdiction.
The Licensee is committed to operating the Raffle in a socially responsible way. If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware via their website at www.begambleaware.org (link is external) or from the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133. You can also choose to self-exclude from the Guide Dogs Raffle if you’re experiencing problems with gambling by emailing us at email@example.com, or by calling us on 0800 652 4746. This exclusion will apply for a minimum of six months and you will need to contact us after this time has passed to play again. A 24-hour cooling off period will apply following a request to return to gambling.
The prizes available for the Raffle are as follows:
- 1st prize is £10,000
- 2nd prize is £2,000
- 3rd prize is £500
- 4th prize is £200
- 5th to 9th prizes are £100
- 10th to 14th prizes are £50
- 15th to 54th prizes are £20
The Guide Dogs For The Blind Association is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under licensee account number 4946. Registered with the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005, www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
In 2021 the estimated total proceeds from all entries sold for the Guide Dogs Raffles were £4,073,478.00. Of these total proceeds an estimated 2% was spent on prizes, an estimated 27% was spent on expenses relating to the promoting and running the Raffles and an estimated 71% was applied for the unrestricted purposes of the charity, whose core objective is to provide mobility services to people who are blind or partially sighted. The average estimated odds of winning a Raffle prize in 2022 is 1 in 12,348.
Supplementary Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions supplement and are in addition to the main terms and conditions appearing [above].
Golden Ticket Draw
Golden Ticket Draw tickets may be distributed with our raffle packs. The Golden Ticket Draw allows the supporter to be entered into a separate free prize draw if they return the golden ticket to Guide Dogs in the post, by the raffle close date. Entry into the Golden Ticket draw is not contingent on entering the main paid raffle. Supporters can send their Golden Ticket back with or without their raffle entry to be included in the Golden Ticket draw. Up to 10 winners will be selected to win £100 cash. Prizes may vary per raffle. The Golden Ticket Draw will take place at the Guide Dogs head office on the same day as the current related raffle.
New Year Draw
New Year draw tickets may be distributed with our raffle packs. The New Year draw allows the supporter to be entered into a separate free prize draw if they return the new year ticket to Guide Dogs in the post, by the raffle close date. Entry into the New Year draw is not contingent on entering the main paid raffle. Supporters can send their New Year ticket back with or without their raffle entry to be included in the New Year draw. Up to 10 winners will be selected to win £100 cash. Prizes may vary per raffle. The New Year draw will take place at the Guide Dogs head office on the same day as the current related raffle.
We may offer supporters the opportunity to enter a speed draw. Supporters who return their completed raffle tickets within 14 days of the mailing date would be entered into a free prize draw to win £100 cash. Up to 10 winners would be selected. Prizes may vary per raffle. The draw would take place at the Guide Dogs head office within 45 days of the raffle mail date.
Super Seller Draw
We may offer supporters the opportunity to enter a Super Seller draw. To be eligible supporters would need to buy or sell all tickets they receive in their mailed raffle pack. Prizes may vary per raffle. The draw would take place at the Guide Dogs head office on the same day as the current related raffle.
To find out more about any of these draws you can call our Supporter Care team on 0800 652 4746.