Search for a volunteering opportunity
Volunteering Office: 0345 1430191
If you have any questions, please get in touch with our Volunteering Office.
Searching for results...
Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence by our Volunteering Office and anything declared on this form will be discussed with you fully in the first instance. Suitable applicants will not be refused posts because of offences which are not relevant to the role and which do not make them a risk in the role for which they are applying.
All cases will be examined on an individual basis, taking the following into consideration:
· Whether the conviction is relevant to the position applied for
· The seriousness of any offence revealed
· The age of the applicant at the time of the offence(s)
· The length of time since the offence(s) occurred
· Whether the applicant has a pattern of offending behaviour
· The circumstances surrounding the offence(s), and the explanation(s) offered by the person concerned
· Whether the applicant's circumstances have changed since the offending behaviour
Further advice on disclosing a criminal record, including guidance on whether your conviction is spent, can be found at www.nacro.org.uk
Filtering guidance is available at:
· England/Wales: www.gov.uk/dbs
· Northern Ireland: www.dojni.gov.uk/index/accessni/disclosures/filtering.htm