Our 2021 annual plan
As we return to a more normal way of life, we’re determined to focus on getting things back on track and investing in our future. In 2020, we all underwent a sustained period of ongoing adjustment and adaptation. Wherever possible, we adapted our operations to keep delivering services, even during lockdown. This included recommencing, after the first immediate lockdown, the training of our dogs and the creation of new partnerships alongside breeding and puppy placement to ensure we have sufficient dogs for training in 2021.
As our service users know, COVID-19 made it difficult for us to continue with some of our services face-to-face, but it also opened us up to new ways of working, offering help and volunteering. This is something we want to build upon. To do this, we have launched our 2021 annual plan priorities to help us accelerate our goal of helping more people with sight loss live actively, independently and well. We’ll do this by focusing on six key priorities:
- Shrink guide dog waiting times.
- Reach more people through digital.
- Deliver consistent high-quality services, efficiently, UK-wide.
- Responsive and empowering culture change.
- Brand change: a leading voice for visually impaired people.
- Grow and diversify our income with a broader story.
Watch our 2021 annual plan film to find out about some of the activities underway for each of the above priorities.
- Trainee Buddy Dog Mason provides canine comfort to NHS workers
- Celebrating our 90th anniversary with Flash the pup
- Guide Dogs launches weight management pilot scheme with the support of partner Royal Canin
- Our 2021 annual plan
- Widespread and illegal: Guide Dogs raises the alarm about e-scooter misuse
- Guide Dogs' Christmas Wishes Virtual Event proudly supported by Royal Canin
- Introducing the Guide Dogs Glossary; the new language we use to describe ourselves, our services and our people
- Guide Dogs warns of Christmas gift that could place you on the naughty list
- Guide Dogs and Aunt Bessie's forge new partnership to help raise awareness of sight loss
- Public back Guide Dogs' call for new law on pavement parking
- Guide Dogs moves up to fourth place in the YouGov CharityIndex for Brand Health
- Guide Dogs launch a guide for Higher Education providers to support students with vision impairment
- Marks and Spencer is the latest national corporate partner for Guide Dogs
- Guide Dogs calls on Government to end inaction over pavement parking
- Guide Dogs and Citi in brand new partnership
- Libby Clegg takes to the ice
- Guide dog owner appears on Ready Steady Cook
- Guide dog owner set to be Radio 1's first blind presenter
- We call for public to help those with sight loss trying to social distance
- High Street Heroes 2019
- Strictly-lover Neve meets her hero, Craig Revel Horwood
- A quarter of pet dog owners say fireworks are their dogs biggest fear
- Sight loss charities join forces to launch online advice hub
- Shut out due to sight loss: Three in four guide dog owners illegally refused service
- By My Side - March 2019
- BBC shares guide dog owner's discrimination battle
- Charities collaborate to empower guide dog owners to tackle access refusals