Guide dog owner appears on Ready Steady Cook
Guide dog owner Alex Pepper is set to appear on the new series of Ready Steady Cook, which returns to BBC1 after ten years off our TV screens.
Ready Steady Cook returns with a new host, Rylan Clark-Neal, and promises to feature new challenges such as cooking on a budget and eating healthily, managing food waste, and feeding the whole family to put the next generation of chefs through their culinary paces.
In each episode two contestants are each paired up with a chef, going head to head in the famous Ready Steady Cook kitchen.
Alex, who is the face of the recent Guide Dogs campaign “By My Side”, will team up with chef Mike Reid to compete against Alex’s cousin, Joe Pepper, who is also visually impaired, and chef Romy Gill.
Alex uses a number of kitchen gadgets to assist with cooking, including stickers to locate the centre of hobs and a beeping device to fill pans.
The show’s new host Rylan Clark-Neal praised Alex’s ability, saying: “Alex unbelievable in the kitchen. He wasn’t treated any differently to any other contestant. The first thought I had was, ignorantly, how is he going to get on with the chopping? How is he going to get on with the gas hob? Is it going to be dangerous? Absolutely not, because there’s little things we learnt from him.”
Alex was treated for retinoblastoma (cancer) twice as child and has been paired with his guide dog River since 2017.
- Guide Dogs calls on Government to end inaction over pavement parking
- Guide Dogs and Citi in brand new partnership
- Libby Clegg takes to the ice
- Guide dog owner appears on Ready Steady Cook
- Guide dog owner set to be Radio 1's first blind presenter
- We call for public to help those with sight loss trying to social distance
- High Street Heroes 2019
- Strictly-lover Neve meets her hero, Craig Revel Horwood
- A quarter of pet dog owners say fireworks are their dogs biggest fear
- Sight loss charities join forces to launch online advice hub
- Shut out due to sight loss: Three in four guide dog owners illegally refused service
- By My Side - March 2019
- BBC shares guide dog owner's discrimination battle
- Charities collaborate to empower guide dog owners to tackle access refusals