Guide Dogs and Citi in brand new partnership
Guide Dogs is pleased to be announced as the new London Charity Partner of global bank, Citi for 2020/2021.
Employees at Citi voted for Guide Dogs after staff visited their offices in Canary Wharf to demonstrate the hard work and dedication that goes into training a guide dog and helping people with sight loss.
Citi employee Patrick Moran was one of a number of people to nominate Guide Dogs as their charity partner, and for a very specific reason.
Patrick, who has been at Citi for 20 years, is also a guide dog owner and has a form of sight loss known as retinitis pigmentosa. Patrick said: “I’m incredibly pleased that Citi have chosen Guide Dogs to be their London Charity Partner, especially as I’m a beneficiary of the fabulous work that Guide Dogs deliver. Citi have been an exemplary employer to me and the willingness to support both me and my guide dog, Yoda means the world to me. The partnership between Citi and Guide Dogs will show what we can do together.”
The partnership between the two organisations will aim to raise £350,000 to help people with sight loss get around with greater confidence and independence.
Guide Dogs CEO, Tom Wright said: “We are delighted that Citi chose Guide Dogs as their London Charity Partner. With Citi’s support, we will create more life-changing partnerships, by matching people with sight loss with a guide dog or volunteer sighted guide.”
James Bardrick, UK CEO from Citi, said: “I’m proud that Citi will be working with Guide Dogs in London to not only raise vital funds but to also promote awareness around sight loss and further our diversity and inclusion efforts. At Citi, we believe in creating quality and equality of life for everyone.”
- Public back Guide Dogs' call for new law on pavement parking
- Happiness of children with a vision impairment has 'significantly decreased' over past decade
- Guide Dogs moves up to fourth place in the YouGov CharityIndex for Brand Health
- Guide Dogs launch a guide for Higher Education providers to support students with vision impairment
- Marks and Spencer is the latest national corporate partner for Guide Dogs
- Guide Dogs calls on Government to end inaction over pavement parking
- Guide Dogs and Citi in brand new partnership
- Libby Clegg takes to the ice
- Guide dog owner appears on Ready Steady Cook
- Guide dog owner set to be Radio 1's first blind presenter
- We call for public to help those with sight loss trying to social distance
- High Street Heroes 2019
- Strictly-lover Neve meets her hero, Craig Revel Horwood
- A quarter of pet dog owners say fireworks are their dogs biggest fear
- Sight loss charities join forces to launch online advice hub
- Shut out due to sight loss: Three in four guide dog owners illegally refused service
- By My Side - March 2019
- BBC shares guide dog owner's discrimination battle
- Charities collaborate to empower guide dog owners to tackle access refusals