The Great Guide Dogs Virtual Dog Show
Terms and conditions 2020
- You must be aged 16 or over to enter. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. Guide Dogs reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- All entries must be submitted as a photograph or video in the category photo album on the Facebook group, with the name, breed and age of the dog stated.
- The Show is free to enter with donations to be made only through the official Facebook Donate button on the Event page. Only one photograph or video is permitted per entry. A dog can be submitted for more than one Event Category, but may only progress to the Final in one Event Category in the case where s/he would otherwise qualify for more.
- All categories are open until midnight on 20 July 2020.
- If your entry includes an image of an identifiable person, by submitting your entry you are confirming you have obtained their consent to post your photograph or video, or their guardian’s consent where the identifiable person is under 16.
- By submitting your entry you are agreeing that Guide Dogs will have a non-exclusive licence to keep and use your photograph and/or video as it wishes, including but not limited to use in the Show, future Guide Dogs dog shows, promotional activity and any other Guide Dogs official use. You are further agreeing that Guide Dogs may transfer your entry to Guide Dogs’ dedicated Show page on the Tiltify platform
- Guide Dogs accepts no responsibility or liability for any injuries or damage suffered during filming or photographing of the entries and reserves the right to remove any images that are deemed inappropriate or appear to compromise the welfare of any animal.
- The Show will be judged in three stages. Stage 1 (Qualifying): The five entries from each Event Category that have received the greatest number of Facebook “likes” during will progress to Stage 2, together with up to an additional two entries per category selected by Guide Dogs or a celebrity judge.
- Stage 2 (Semi-Finals). Guide Dogs will post the winning entries of the Qualifying stage to Guide Dogs dedicated Tiltify page where the remainder of the Show and voting takes place. The entry receiving the greatest number of votes during the Semi Final period (as notified on the Tiltify page) in each Event Category, will progress to stage 3.
- Stage 3 (the Final). The winner of the Final is the entry receiving the greatest number of votes during the Final period (as notified on the Tiltify page).
- The winners of the Semi Final will each receive a Royal Canin goody bag for dogs comprised of a rucksack, cool bag, water bottle, fleece blanket, 50th anniversary tin and Educ supplements. The winner of the Final will receive a Royal Canin holdall and grooming bag plus a year’s supply of Royal Canin dog food to be delivered to an address in the UK*. Guide Dogs does not accept any liability whatsoever for these products.
- Prize winners will be contacted by Facebook Messenger to arrange sending prizes. If the winners do not respond to Guide Dogs within 14 days of being notified the prize will be alternatively offered to a runner-up. All prizes are subject to availability and are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is available or offered.
- Events may occur that render the show itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Guide Dogs and accordingly Guide Dogs may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Guide Dogs as a result thereof.
- The decision of Guide Dogs regarding any aspect of the Show is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Guide Dogs accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault including but not limited to technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
- The promotor of the Great British Virtual Dog Show is Guide Dogs for the Blind Association (“Guide Dogs”) whose registered address is Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG, a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity registered in England and Wales (209617) and Scotland (SCO38979).
* Royal Canin will deliver the food to a UK address only. The food will be from the Royal Canin canine ranges (excluding veterinary diets), to feed one dog. The amount will be calculated specific to the dog’s needs at the complete discretion of Royal Canin, up to a maximum of 15kg per month. Royal Canin does not accept responsibility for any occurrence arising from use/misuse of any prize item.