Guide Dogs and Aunt Bessies forge new partnership
Guide Dogs is delighted to announce a new partnership with Aunt Bessie's, the iconic supplier since 1974 of the Yorkshire Pudding and a host of frozen food ranges.
The partnership coincides with the launch of their latest TV advert, based on the true story of Nana June who raised her family and cooked a Sunday lunch each week despite her sight loss.
Aunt Bessie's brings the story of Nana June to life, highlighting what it means to care for loved ones, and raising awareness of people living with a vision impairment.
With caring and inclusion at the heart of its ethos, Aunt Bessie's has chosen to partner with Guide Dogs to support its work in helping people with sight loss and their families to live the lives they choose.
Aunt Bessie's will be supporting Guide Dogs in numerous ways including:
Educating staff as part of their diversity and inclusion programme through talks and engagement session around living with sight loss
Raising crucial funds for Guide Dogs through its advertising initiative with Good-Loop
Fundraising to name a puppy, and yes, you guessed it, the name will be 'Bessie'!
Guide Dogs and Aunt Bessie's look forward to further developing the partnership throughout 2021 and beyond to raise awareness around the challenges of sight loss and the importance of the work that Guide Dogs does to support adults, young people, children and their families to enable them to live actively, independently and well.
View the Aunt Bessie's advert here.
- Guide Dogs launches Tech for All scheme
- The Countess of Wessex has succeeded Princess Alexandra as Royal Patron for Guide Dogs
- Guide dog owner becomes England's first female fitness instructor with sight loss
- Guide Dogs advocates for new dog theft law
- Highlighting the dangers of e-scooters after guide dog owner hit
- Charities call for Network Rail and the Department for Transport to address rail safety faster
- A tasty victory for Dan McGeorge
- Guide Dogs makes support more accessible to people with sight and hearing loss
- Trainee Buddy Dog Mason provides canine comfort to NHS workers
- Celebrating our 90th anniversary with Flash the pup
- Guide Dogs launches weight management pilot scheme with the support of partner Royal Canin
- Our 2021 annual plan
- Widespread and illegal: Guide Dogs raises the alarm about e-scooter misuse
- Guide Dogs' Christmas Wishes Virtual Event proudly supported by Royal Canin
- Introducing the Guide Dogs Glossary; the new language we use to describe ourselves, our services and our people
- Guide Dogs warns of Christmas gift that could place you on the naughty list
- Guide Dogs and Aunt Bessie's forge new partnership to help raise awareness of sight loss
- Public back Guide Dogs' call for new law on pavement parking
- Guide Dogs moves up to fourth place in the YouGov CharityIndex for Brand Health
- Guide Dogs launch a guide for Higher Education providers to support students with vision impairment
- Marks and Spencer is the latest national corporate partner for Guide Dogs
- Guide Dogs calls on Government to end inaction over pavement parking
- Guide Dogs and Citi in brand new partnership
- Libby Clegg takes to the ice
- Guide dog owner appears on Ready Steady Cook
- Guide dog owner set to be Radio 1's first blind presenter
- We call for public to help those with sight loss trying to social distance
- High Street Heroes 2019
- Strictly-Lover Neve Meets Craig Revel Horwood | Guide Dogs
- A quarter of pet dog owners say fireworks are their dogs biggest fear
- Sight loss charities join forces to launch online advice hub
- Shut out due to sight loss: Three in four guide dog owners illegally refused service
- By My Side - March 2019
- BBC shares guide dog owner's discrimination battle
- Charities collaborate to empower guide dog owners to tackle access refusals