How you can help us from home
Did you know you can support Guide Dogs from the comfort of your own home?
With just a few clicks?
You could help us make a difference to people with sight loss by sparing just minutes of your time.
Whether it’s writing to your MP to encourage their support in our campaigns, sharing our messages on social media to help us reach new audiences, or hosting a virtual fundraising collection, a few minutes of your time, at a time that is convenient to you, can support Guide Dogs.
Support us by following our social media!
Help us in less than 10 minutes
Travelling with sight loss during Covid-19
In light of social distancing, we've produced guidance to help transport providers ensure people with sight loss can access their services safely. Using our quick template, you could write to your MP and ask them to pass this on to local transport providers in your community. This is a really important campaign that can make a huge difference to those with sight loss.
Help us raise funds, for free!
- You can support our fundraising campaigns and efforts just by raising awareness, without spending a penny. Visit the Guide Dogs Community Fundraising Facebook page to keep up to date with our virtual events and like, share, comment or tag your friends. We recommend visiting on a Wednesday to view the latest Waggy Wednesday photo updates!
- Another great way to help us is by encouraging your friends and family to use AmazonSmile and choose Guide Dogs as their charity if shopping online through Amazon. With AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the sale of eligible purchases to your chosen charity.
Engage with us on social media
- Liking, commenting on, and sharing our posts help introduce us to new audiences, as well as inviting friends to like our pages. Check out our #ForfarFriday photos featured on Guide Dogs Scotland’s Facebook page every Friday – they’re a big hit!
- Use the #GuideDogsFamily hashtag on social media – did you know it was trending No.1 on Twitter during our Guide Dogs Tea party on 21 April 2020? This all helps raise awareness.
20 minute ideas
Help raise awareness
- Tell your friends and family how we’re supporting people with sight loss, such as our new sight loss information line. They might know someone with sight loss who could use our help.
- Know someone working with people with sight loss for the first time? Send them our handy tips
- If you spot something that would cause a danger to someone with sight loss, please report it! For example, you can report broken street lights or broken tactile paving to your local council.
- Forward this webpage to a friend and encourage them to help us from home!
Support our campaigns
- Did you know Guide Dogs campaign for the rights of people with sight loss to help them access public transport, our town centres and other public services? Check out and share our current campaigns and find out how you can help in just a few clicks, from signing petitions to raising awareness in your local community.
- You can also sign up to our campaigns mailing list to keep up to date and discover how you can get involved and make a difference to people living with sight loss.
Organise a Guide Dogs virtual collection!
Why not host a Guide Dogs virtual collection and share online with friends, family and colleagues?
Ask them to donate and to share the virtual collection to help people with sight loss. It has never been more important than to come together online and support one another. We have lots of great fundraising ideas you can use to make your virtual collection stand out!
Host a tea party!
You could host your own virtual tea party and help raise funds for us this summer!
Our ability to provide support people with sight loss across the UK has been severely impacted in recent months, but by hosting your own Great Guide Dogs Tea Party, you can raise money we urgently need to continue to provide our life-changing services for those who need our help to live the life they choose.
Why not plan something during Afternoon Tea Week 10-16 August?