How your money is helping
Your generous donations in 2019
- Provided almost 190,000 people with information about sight loss.
- Created 685 new guide dog partnerships and supported 4,800 partnerships in total.
- Matched 1,296 people with a sighted guide.
- Helped 2,845 children learn essential life skills so that they can navigate the world around them confidently and safely.
- Made 4,000 tailor-made books, enabling children with sight loss to enjoy reading just like their friends.
- Had 1,095 people affected by sight loss attend our family support events.
- Provided support 9,650 times for children with a vision impairment and their families.
- Partnered 52 children with a buddy dog, helping improve their confidence and wellbeing in 2020.
How we spend your money
Breakdown of a pound
For every £1 spent, Guide Dogs spends:
- 53p goes to providing guide dogs and other adult services
- 33p goes to generating income, including trading activities
- 8p goes to campaigning and raising awareness
- 5p goes to providing children and young people’s services
- 1p goes to research and development
You can find an accessible version of the breakdown of the pound as well as more detailed information on how we spend our money in our annual review and report.