How your money is helping
Your generous donations in 2022
- In 2022 we created 387 new guide dog partnerships and supported 4,065 existing guide dog and buddy dog partnerships.
- We provided support through digital information and advice 2.5 million times.
- We provided expert information and advice through more than 51,000 calls to our Guide Line.
- We supported 698 My Sighted Guide partnerships.
- We provided 4,548 My Life Skills interventions for adults.
- We helped children with a vision impairment to learn essential life skills 4,235 times, so they can navigate the world around them confidently and safely.
- We helped children and family members 805 times through Guide Dogs My Time to Play.
- We supported families 643 times through our Family Support and Education Support services.
- Our CustomEyes Books team delivered 6,289 accessible books to families.
- We provided 2,499 free iPads to children and young people with a vision impairment.
- We partnered 52 children with a buddy dog, helping to improve their confidence and wellbeing, and supported a total of 266 partnerships.
How we spend your money
Breakdown of a pound in 2022
For every £1 spent, Guide Dogs spends:
- 57p goes to providing guide dogs and other adult services.
- 9p goes to campaigning and raising awareness.
- 7.8p goes to providing children and young people’s services.
- 0.5p goes to research and development.
- 25.4p goes to generating income, including trading activities.
You can find an accessible version of the breakdown of the pound as well as more detailed information on how we spend our money in our annual review and report.