Lucky Lottery rules
Weekly lottery - full terms and conditions
- The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association (Guide Dogs) weekly lottery (the “Guide Dogs Lucky Lottery”) is licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005.
- Licensee: Guide Dogs, Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, RG7 3YG.
- Promoter and responsible person: Maria Novell, Guide Dogs, Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, RG7 3YG.
- All profits raised from the lottery will go towards the work of Guide Dogs. Registered Charity Numbers: 209617 in England and Wales and SC038979 in Scotland.
- By entering the lottery you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any lottery entry and participation instructions form part of these terms and conditions. Any entries not complying with these terms and conditions will not be valid.
- Guide Dogs Lottery is open only to individuals aged 16 years or over. It is unlawful for tickets to be purchased or sold by anyone under the age of 16. Any person who has entered the lottery and who is found to be under 16 years old will automatically forfeit any prize and their stakes will be returned. You are required to verify that you are over 16 before entering the lottery.
- Guide Dogs Lottery is open only to individuals who reside in Great Britain (defined as England, Scotland and Wales and associated islands).
- The lottery is not open to employees of the licensee who are directly involved with the running of the lottery, the licensee’s subsidiary companies or any company involved with running the lottery.The cost of each entry into the lottery is £1. You may purchase more than one entry but the maximum number of entries is 15 chances per supporter in a single Lottery draw.
- Payment to enter the lottery must be made in advance via Direct Debit, cheque or debit card. If you enter the lottery online or by phone, we are unable to accept credit cards for payment. If you pay by monthly Direct Debit, then your monthly Direct Debit amount is the total amount of chances played in a year, divided by twelve months. For example, one chance in the Lottery is £52 per year, so the monthly amount is £4.34 per month. Two chances is £104 per year, so the monthly amount is £8.67 per month, and so on.
- Once the payment to enter the Lottery has been received the tickets are allocated immediately to all future Lottery draws that the payment covers. Guide Dogs do not hold any funds within customer accounts. Your first draw date will be as notified in writing to you by the licensee and subsequent draws will take place weekly thereafter.
- The prizes are as described in paragraph 26. Alternatively, a prize list is available by post on request to the Guide Dogs Lucky Lottery Helpline on 0800 688 8406. No alternatives to any prize will be offered and no interest is payable. Cash prizes will be sent in the post and paid by cheque within 21 days of the draw. Players must notify Guide Dogs if they change address.
- The draw will take place every Friday, except when a Friday falls on a bank holiday in England and then the draw will take place on the next working day in England.The winning entries will be selected using random number generator software which has been tested and approved by an independent test house approved by the Gambling Commission. Prizes will be drawn in order – the first prize will be drawn first, second prize second, third prizes next and so on until all prizes have been drawn.
- The winning numbers will be published on the Website on a weekly basis. This shall be for information purposes only and, subject to paragraph 12, prizes shall be awarded only to winning entries as recorded during the draw. Only entries for which full payment has been received will be eligible to win a prize.
- A list of the winning ticket numbers and towns of winners’ residence will be published on the Website and will also be available by post on request to the Lucky Lottery Helpline on 0800 688 8406.
- Winners will be invited to take part in publicity to promote the Lottery, however this is not a precondition of entering the draw and the winner reserves the right to anonymity.
- By entering the lottery you acknowledge and agree to your town of residence being published in relation to you being a winner in the lottery, including on the Website and on promotional material relating to the lottery and related activities.
- The licensee reserves the right to reject your entry, terminate your subscription and/or award any prize to an alternative winner if the licensee has grounds to believe that you have breached any of these terms and conditions, acted fraudulently or illegally, or on other reasonable grounds and the licensee shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage you suffer arising from the licensee exercising such rights. Any other refund the licensee makes will be made in the licensee’s discretion and only made in exceptional circumstances.
- If a prize cannot be paid within six months of the date of the draw it will be forfeited.
- The licensee reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the lottery in whole or in part in the licensee’s sole discretion.
- Subject to clause 21, the licensee shall not be liable for:
- lottery entries or communications which are lost, stolen or delayed in the post, damaged or illegible, from which the prize winner or entrant cannot be identified or which have insufficient postage (proof of posting is not proof of receipt);
- any late bank payments;
- the Licensee’s failure or inability to contact you and/or award any prize due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact or bank details you have provided or your failure to update these if they change;
- loss or damage incurred by you in connection with your participation in the lottery or your use of any prize;
- any interruptions or errors on or to the Website;
- technical hardware or software errors or failures or lost, faulty or unavailable network connections; or
- any failure or delay beyond the licensee’s reasonable control.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit the licensee’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or for any other matter for which liability may not be limited by law.
The licensee may amend these terms and conditions at any time. We shall notify you of any material changes to these terms and conditions via the Website or by contacting you directly using the contact details you provided to us on registration (such method to be determined by the licensee in its discretion), before those changes take effect.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The licensee’s decision in all matters relating to the lottery is final. The licensee operates a complaints and disputes procedure which is available on the Website and by post on request or upon you making a complaint to the Guide Dogs Lucky Lottery Helpline on 0800 688 8406. All complaints and disputes will be handled in accordance with the procedure. If your complaint relates to the outcome of your gambling transaction and cannot be dealt with by the licensee to your satisfaction, you have the right, free of charge, to have the matter referred to an independent person offering alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) services IBAS. Referral of the dispute to an ADR entity will not restrict your right to bring proceedings in respect of the dispute in a court of competent jurisdiction.
- The licensee is committed to operating the lottery in a socially responsible way. If you or a family member feel that you are experiencing problems with gambling, you can seek advice and support from GambleAware or from the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133. You can choose to self-exclude from the Guide Dogs Lucky Lottery by emailing us at email@example.com, or by calling us on 0800 688 8406. This exclusion will apply for a minimum of six months and you will need to contact us after this time has passed to play again. A 24-hour cooling off period will apply following a request to return to gambling.
- The Lottery prize list is:
First prize £1,000*
Second prize £200
Third prize £150
Fourth prize 2x £50
Fifth prize 5x £25
200 prizes of £10
*In the final draw in March, June, September and December the first prize will increase to £10,000 for our Superdraw.
The Guide Dogs For The Blind Association is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under licensee account number 4946. Registered with the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005, www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.
In 2020 the total proceeds from all entries sold for the Guide Dogs Lucky Lottery was £2,896,816. Of these total proceeds 6% was spent on prizes, 6% was spent on expenses relating to the promoting and running the Lucky Lottery and 88% was applied for the unrestricted purposes of the charity, whose core objective is to provide mobility services to people who are blind or partially sighted. The average odds of winning a Lucky Lottery prize in 2021 is 1 in 318.
Guide Dogs also run draws in Lottery draws in collaboration with the People’s Postcode Lottery. For terms and conditions please visit www.postcodelottery.co.uk/
Do you still have questions about playing our charity lottery?