Sponsor a Puppy terms and conditions
The contents of the Sponsor a Puppy welcome pack, also known as benefits, are available to any donor participating in the Sponsor a Puppy scheme and are subject to Value Added Tax (VAT). For VAT purposes, the value of these benefits, including VAT, are provided for in the first payment of £4.33. The rest of the sponsorship is a freely given donation.
For renewals in the Sponsor a Puppy Scheme the value of these benefits, including VAT, are provided for in the first renewal payment of £1.00. The rest of the sponsorship is a freely given donation.
To keep you at the heart of your puppy’s life-changing journey, you can access exclusive photo and video updates on your pup’s Facebook group and puppy page. We are so grateful for your support, and we kindly ask for you to enjoy these updates on Facebook and the Guide Dogs website and not to share on other sites.
If you are eager to follow progress of a pup-in-training with a group, organisation or school, you may want to consider our Puppy Graduation Scheme. It’s a great way to share the journey of your puppy with a community of people and celebrate your puppy’s successes together!
- By requesting to join your puppy’s Facebook group, you consent to Guide Dogs storing your Facebook ID on our database.
- If you choose to cancel your sponsorship, or if your sponsorship comes to an end, you will be removed from this group and your Facebook ID will be deleted from our records.
- Your Facebook ID will be used only for the purpose of administering your access to this group and, if you choose to sponsor another puppy in future, any similar groups.
- Sponsor a Puppy 'Refer a Friend' is open to UK residents who are active sponsors of the Guide Dogs - Sponsor a Puppy (SAP) scheme, and are not an employee (or employee family members) of Guide Dogs.
- On receipt of completed Refer a Friend form (with valid payment details), the existing SAP sponsor (hereinafter referred to as the Referrer) and the new SAP sponsor (hereinafter referred to as the Referee) will be sent a gift.
- The newly referred SAP sponsor will receive standard SAP welcome pack(s) in accordance with usual SAP signup. Please find more information by visiting Sponsor a Puppy FAQs.
- Maximum of two gifts per form returned, regardless of number of puppies sponsored. Referrer & Referee’s name and address must be included on the form to qualify for the free gifts.
- Only SAP sign ups by Refer a Friend paper form and over the phone having quoted receipt of the Refer a Friend form with our Supporter Care team will qualify for the free gifts. Referred sign ups online will not qualify.
- Should the Referrer wish to sign up for an additional puppy themselves, rather than referring a friend, they can still qualify for the free gifts. Please contact us on 0800 953 0113 between 9am-5pm Monday to Friday if you would like to sign up this way, or return the Refer a Friend form via post using the envelope provided.
- All forms to be received by Guide Dogs by 31 December 2023 to qualify for your gifts.
- Refer a friend gifts are subject to availability. Should your gift not be available, an alternative will be provided, or a letter written to the Referrer. Gifts are non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
- Offer valid up to and including 31 December 2023.
- Promoter: The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association, Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, RG7 3YG. Registered Charity number 209617.