Terms and conditions
This section outlines the information that you need to be aware of and should take into account before making your application to the Tech for All program.
1.1“Guide Dogs” means The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association. A company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity registered in England and Wales (209617) and Scotland (SCO38979).
1.2“Vision Impairment” or “Visual Impairment” means an individual certificated or eligible to be certificated as Severely Sight Impaired (blind) or Sight Impaired (partially sighted).
1.3“the Service User” means the parent or guardian who has applied for the Services and with whom the Recipient lives.
1.4“the Recipient” means an individual with a Vision Impairment aged between 3 to 18 years of age at the time of application and who will utilise the Services.
1.5“the Device” means an Apple iPad 32GB, Space Grey, Wifi.
1.6“the Service” or “Services” means the Tech For All proposition including the provision of a Device.
1.7“BT” means British Telecommunications PLC.
2. These terms and conditions will apply following acceptance by Guide Dogs of an application for Services.
3. Guide Dogs will supply, free of charge, to the Service User for use by the Recipient a Device.
4. The Device will be processed and delivered to the Service User by BT directly to the address provided by the Service User on the application form.
5. The Service User acknowledges that Guide Dogs shall and consents to Guide Dogs sharing their details with BT for the purposes of enabling BT to send the Device to the Service User and to subsequently process returns. Information on how BT will process the Service User’s personal data can be found at: www.bt.com/privacy-policy.
7. Guide Dogs may substitute the Device with another piece of equipment of similar value in the event that the Device is not available.
8. The Service User shall sign for the Device upon delivery.
9. The Service User shall notify BT via the dedicated website portal at bt.com/guidedogs of any damage to the Device (other than damage caused by any act or omission by the Service User) or any other discrepancy in the Device including any faults in the Device within 28 working days from the date of delivery. Such notification should include model and part numbers of affected Device.
10.Ownership and risk in the Device will transfer to the Service User immediately upon Guide Dogs discharging to BT the purchase price of the Device in full.
11. The Service User shall be responsible for payment towards the upkeep of The Device and any software, including replacement, insurance, antivirus/security software and maintenance.
12. The Device having been supplied to the Service User free of charge for the specific purpose of assisting a person with a visual impairment in their development of learning, creativity, life skills, confidence and independence, the Service User agrees not to sell or transfer the Device to any third party within five years of receipt of it.
13. The Service User shall be responsible for payment towards the upkeep of the Device and any software, including replacement, insurance, antivirus/security software and maintenance.
14.This agreement is personal to the Service User and may not be assigned by the Service User to any other party including but not limited to the Recipient.
15.The headings to this agreement and any headings to clauses within it are for convenience only and shall not affect the meaning of these terms and conditions.
16. No amendment or addition to these terms and conditions shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by or on behalf of both parties.
17.These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.