Our Face to Face fundraisers
Face to Face fundraising is an essential and highly effective part of our fundraising programme to find new supporters, committed to giving regularly, by signing up to our Sponsor a Puppy and Lucky Lottery campaigns. These provide regular donations and steady income through direct debit payments, enabling us to plan for the future.
This style of fundraising gives potential donors the opportunity to talk directly to a representative of Guide Dogs, giving them access to information about how we operate and how their money will be used to help people who are blind or partially sighted.
Face to Face fundraising is used by many charities and is highly successful - Since we began using this style of fundraising in 2001, we have recruited hundreds of thousands of new supporters through our door to door, street and private venue fundraising teams.
How to recognise a Guide Dogs fundraiser
All of our fundraisers will:
- Be wearing a blue t-shirt, jacket or tabard, with Guide Dogs logo
- Be wearing an ID badge with the fundraiser’s name, photo and ID number
If you are unsure as to whether someone claiming to represent Guide Dogs is an authorised fundraiser you can contact our Supporter Care Team on 0800 953 0113 between 9am and 5pm.
Outside of these hours the fundraiser themselves will be able to provide you with a number you can call to check.
Where do we fundraise?
Door-to-door (D2D) fundraising
Door-to-door fundraising is where our fundraisers will call at homes across the UK, knocking on doors to speak with people about our work and asking them to support us by signing up to Sponsor a Puppy or Lucky Lottery.
Our door teams work regionally across the UK.
Private site fundraising is where our teams will visit a variety of locations such as train stations, shopping centres, supermarkets, large public events and festivals. These teams will setup a Guide Dogs stand to work from and the team will be engaging with people to provide them with information about Guide Dogs and sign up supporters to Sponsor a Puppy and Lucky Lottery.
Our street fundraisers work in teams on town centre high streets throughout the UK to talk to members of the public to give them information about Guide Dogs work and ask them to sign up to support us.
About our fundraisers
Our teams of fundraisers are highly trained and enthusiastic individuals. They are dedicated to raising money and building awareness of our commitment to making people who are blind or partially sighted become more mobile.
We are committed to ensuring that our fundraisers offer a positive experience to the public when interacting with them, and are friendly, professional and helpful.
We have an in-house team of fundraisers and also work with agencies to provide additional fundraising.
We are members of the Institute of Fundraising (IoF), Fundraising Regulator, and the Fundraising Standards Board. All of our fundraisers follow the code of conduct set out by the IoF. We also utilise mystery shoppers and carry out quality calling to make sure that all of our fundraisers meet the high standards that we expect from them every day.
About our agencies
Guide Dogs has a team of in-house fundraisers and also chooses to work with trusted partner agencies to help deliver professional ethical fundraising on our behalf. All fundraisers working on these teams are coached by Guide Dogs to ensure they are informed about our campaigns and provide an excellent quality of service in line with our own standards.
- Charity Link are a fundraising specialist who have been operating for over 20 years. They have over 250 fundraising staff working in conjunction with a few chosen charities. Charity Link are our key partner for fundraising services at national events and within private sites. They have been working with us since 2000 and in that time have helped sign up hundreds of thousands of supporters to Sponsor a Puppy.
- HOME Fundraising have over 15 years of face to face fundraising experience and are a national agency specialising in D2D fundraising. We have selected them to work alongside our teams as a trusted partner for our nationwide door-to-door fundraising.
- Appco Group Support (AGS) are one of the longest-running and most experienced face-to-face donor recruitment agencies in the world, with a network of more than 4,000 fundraisers across 24 countries. AGS have been selected to partner with us and provide professional door to door fundraising services.
All of our agencies are active members of the Institute of Fundraising. We have chosen to partner with them because we know that they comply with all relevant laws and codes of practice.
You can see the locations our Door to Door fundraising teams are working this week by checking the postcodes we are due to visit.This week's locations