Fun fundraising ideas
Would your class or group like to take part in our fundraising challenges? There are many ways you can get together to raise money for Guide Dogs. From naming a puppy to dressing up as a superhero, find out how you can make a difference as a Guide Dogs' fundraiser.
School/group charity of the year
By choosing us as your charity of the year or term, you could be helping children living with sight-loss learn the vital skills and confidence they need to live a life of independence and opportunity.
We will provide all the support and resources needed to help with your fundraising.
Name a Puppy
Our Name a Puppy scheme is a wonderful opportunity for schools and youth groups to be at the very heart of a guide dog puppy's story. Through the Name a Puppy scheme you can “name” a guide dog pup and follow their journey with guide dogs.
We have a range of naming levels, for you to choose from. Find out more.
Puppy Graduation Scheme
Our challenge is…can your school or youth group raise £500? This will buy five puppies their off-to-school training kit: everything they need for our trainers to teach them the specialist skills of a fully qualified guide dog.
Raising £500 can be through one big event or lots of little fundraisers – the choice is yours!
- Perhaps you want to sign up for Fund Race – our free assembly and inclusive sports challenge.
- Maybe you want to have a dress-down day, sponsored paper puppy walk, Christmas craft fayre or Easter bake sale.
- Your school council might even want to run some playground games like guess the number of dog treats in the jar.
Whatever you decide to do, let us help by providing free resources and tips – contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you started. We can even send a speaker along to meet your young people and tell them all about how Guide Dogs has changed their lives.
Once you have completed the challenge, you will get your special Puppy Graduation pack. The pack includes :
- A fun yearbook about three pups who have grown into life-changing partnerships with people with sight loss. Fantastic reading material for children in the classroom.
- Stickers for every child involved.
- A poster that details the training journey our pups go on to become life-changers.
- A large certificate that can be displayed to show your achievement for the wider community to see.
- An exclusive entry into our prize draw to win a visit at your school or youth group from our very special dog demo team (UK excluding Northern Ireland).
Start your fundraising adventure with us today through the contact details below.
Every penny counts
It’s easy to donate the money you raise to Guide Dogs and every penny will help people living with sight loss lead the life they choose. Complete our pay in your fundraising form for the quickest and easiest way to pay in your fundraising. If you'd prefer to pay in your fundraising via another payment method, you can find out more on our paying in your fundraising page.
Get in touch to start your fundraising adventure
Our team are on hand with lots of fun and easy fundraising ideas for schools and youth groups. We can offer free tools and resources, specifically for children, and offer bespoke advice tailored just for you. Even if you’re just at the ideas stage, contact us today and we can make a difference together!