Fundraising Group Secretary
Do you have a knack for planning and organisation? Are you interested in making a difference? Then becoming a Fundraising Group Secretary could be the right step for you.
Search for a volunteering opportunity near you
If you are interested in becoming a fundraising group secretary volunteer then the next step is to check if there is an opportunity available near you. You can use the search option below to find all volunteering opportunities near you and if you don't see a fundraising group secretary volunteer option – don't worry! We do update our opportunities all the time so make sure you check back in.
What you’ll be doing
In this interactive volunteer role, your support will include getting involved in these activities:
- Spreading tokens of appreciation to the hard-working fundraisers that support our cause.
- Sharing the word about the exciting fundraising activities your fundraising group gets involved with.
- Supporting your fundraising group with various admin activities, like writing agendas for meetings or making applications for events.
- Being an ambassador for Guide Dogs!
- Have good organisational skills.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be confident in the use of technology and email.
If you don’t feel you tick every box but are sure this role is the one for you, we’d love to hear from you! We’re always open to suggestions and are very happy to chat with you to find out what’s possible, so please just get in touch on email@example.com.
What you’ll get
- The satisfaction in knowing you are supporting people with sight loss to live actively, independently, and well.
- A flexible role where you can dedicate as little or as much time as you want.
- An opportunity to build your experience in communication and interpersonal skills.
- To have fun interacting with others, including people within Guide Dogs and members of the public.
- A dedicated volunteer manager and fellow peers who will help support you throughout your role.
Training and support
Our volunteers are given first hand training to succeed in this role! This is delivered in an interactive engaging manner, using a group zoom session.
If you have questions about the training requirements, we can answer these at your interview along with any other support or accessibility needs you may have.
Volunteering for Guide Dogs should never leave you out of pocket. We’ll make sure we pay any expenses related to volunteering with us, including travel costs.
What we need from you
The minimum age of this volunteer role is 18.