Become a National Breeding Centre patron
Every life changing guide dog partnership begins at the National Breeding Centre with the birth of a puppy.
Why do we need your help?
It costs Guide Dogs £3.6 million a year to run this world class facility. The guide dog service relies on donations to continue our life-changing work. Every pound raised makes a difference to people in the UK living with sight loss.
Every week, eight new people join the waiting list for their first guide dog. We can only meet that demand if we continue to increase the number of dogs that we breed and we need your help to do this.
As a NBC patron your gift will make a tangible difference to the life of someone living with sight loss. We know that there are thousands of visually impaired people in the UK who rarely leave home alone. With the help of a guide dog, they can build the confidence to go out alone, to meet people and live an independent life.
Donate by regular giving:
If you would like to make your donation by monthly Direct Debit of £84, you can do this online. Please select “National Breeding Centre Patron” in the drop down list under “What prompted you to donate today?”
Donate by one off giving:
If you would like to make a one off donation you can do this online. Please select “National Breeding Centre Patron” in the drop down list under “What prompted you to donate today?”
National Breeding Centre patrons
National Breeding Centre patrons are donors that wish to support the important work of the NBC with an annual gift of £1000 or more. We appreciate that this is a lot of money, but it is vital to ensure we continue to breed healthy, happy puppies that are suitable to train for guiding work.
As a NBC patron you will help us to:
- Breed more guide dog puppies to meet the increasing demand for guide dogs
- Enable more visually impaired people to lead confident and independent lives
- Reduce the number of dogs that are withdrawn from training for health reasons
- Breed dogs that are ideally suited to being guide dogs
- Fund world class research into dog health
NBC patrons receive:
- An invitation to our annual patrons event at the National Breeding Centre, where you will meet our expert staff, hear from guide dog users, network with other NBC patrons and tour the amazing facility
- Recognition of your vital gift both at the NBC and on our website (should you wish)
- A dedicated member of staff to look after you and answer any enquiries you may have about Guide Dogs
- A subscription to our bi-annual NBC patron newsletter, which will keep you up to date with the work of the National Breeding Centre