Puppy helper experience
Guide Dogs has a Puppy Helper Experience at the National Breeding Centre near Leamington Spa. The half day experience allows visitors to get hands-on with activities including:
- Meeting and helping us to socialise some of our puppies
- Touring our puppy facilities and learning about their journey
- Feeding a litter of puppies (when possible)
- Learning about how we train our guide dogs
- Experiencing a blindfold walk
- Meet a guide dog owner, subject to availability
- Taking a behind the scenes tour of the centre
- Sensory Tunnel experience
- Photo opportunities
Puppy Helper Experience group sizes will be limited to a maximum of 6 people. The experience can be bought as a celebratory gift, work incentive, or for educational reasons. Visitors will receive a certificate and gift at the end of the session to go with some great memories of these very special dogs.
The great interaction and time we were given to play and feed the pups was lovely. The staff were extremely informative and friendly.
Thank you so much for making this a special day.
Prices and useful information
- The sessions last 3 hours
- Morning sessions are 10am - 1pm, and afternoon sessions are 1.30pm - 4.30pm
- The cost is £100 per ticket, plus the agent's service fee
- There are 75 sessions through the year, which are all on Monday mornings, Wednesday afternoons, and Friday afternoons
- There is a lower age limit of 5 years old for the Puppy Helper Experience
All places for 2019 events have been sold, however, you can check regularly for any cancellation places that may be available.
Important: All bookings must be made through Eventbrite. We cannot accept bookings via email or telephone.