Visitor Experience Tours
Did you know that we offer tours of our training schools across the country and our National Breeding Centre?
Come and find out more about the life-changing work we do with our new visitor experiences across the country!
Launching in January 2021, you will be able to visit us virtually from the comfort of your own home. Allow our dedicated and experienced volunteers to take you on a journey around Guide Dogs and to take a look behind the scenes of our working sites. At the National Breeding Centre you can learn how we use the latest technology in our breeding and watch some of our puppies as they socialise and grow. At our training schools (Atherton and Forfar) we will show you how our life changing dogs are trained; there is also a chance that you will get to meet some of the incredible staff who support our dogs on their journey to becoming a Guide Dog.
Our new online booking system will be launching here very soon allowing you to book your place on our new virtual tours in early 2021!
We can’t wait for you to join us.
- On arrival - please can individuals or party leaders report to Visitors' Reception, to sign in. In the event of a fire alarm, party leaders will be responsible for accounting that their visitors are present
- Children must be supervised at all times
- Be prepared - please bring sensible footwear for the tour as some areas of the centre require visitors to go outdoors.
- Pets - we regret that NO pets are allowed on these visits, unless of course they are guide dogs or other curent guide dog stock, in which case they will be made welcome. Toilet facilities for dogs are available
- Photos - you are welcome to bring a camera to take photos. There are a few areas where flash photography is not allowed which your tour guide will inform you of