Leamington Guide Dog Training School
Did you know you can visit the Leamington Training School?
The Guide Dogs Training School at Leamington Spa started in 1941 and today trains 220 dogs a year. We would like to invite you to take part in the Guide Dogs experience and learn about our life-changing work
- Find out how it all began and how we train a guide dog
- Meet the dogs; bring you camera and take a picture of your favourite
- Discover more about sight loss
- Experience a blindfold walk
- Ask a trained tour guide anything you’d like to know about Guide Dogs
- Meet a guide dog owner or puppy walker
- Buy a souvenir from our gift shop
We are currently recruiting Centre Guides for the tours, no experience is necessary and full training will be given. If you’d like to give a little time to Guide Dogs and make a BIG difference then please get in touch.
There is no charge for these tours; however donations towards the cost of providing them would be very welcome. Guide Dogs receives no government funding so donations help us continue to provide our vital services to people who are blind or partially sighted and help fund the training of future guide dogs.
We also offer interesting and interactive sessions for school or young peoples groups.
We aim to make it as interactive as possible whilst educating the children about sight loss as well as the life changing work we do.
During the two hour visit children will:
- Take part in a Fun & Interactive presentation
- Have a tour of kennels to meet the dogs
- Experience a blindfold handle walk
- Have a go at our Sensory Challenges including; writing your name in braille, plus many more
- An opportunity to meet our mascot, Hero.
- Find out how to approach and guide someone who is blind or partially sighted
- Take a trip through our Sensory Tunnel
For more information, or to book a visit, please call the Leamington Guide Dog Training School on 0345 1430208 or email email@example.com (telephone calls will be charged at 3p per minute, plus your company’s access charge).