By accepting a guaranteed entry / using my own place to fundraise for Guide Dogs, I agree that I will:
- Commit to use my best endeavours to raise the fundraising target for this event (there is no minimum target if you are using your own place).
- Inform the Guide Dogs Events Team immediately if I am unable to take part in the event. All monies paid to Guide Dogs by this time are non-refundable and will be treated as a donation.
- Keep details of the names and addresses of, and amounts donated or pledged by, all donors and provide such details to Guide Dogs on request.
- Obtain and pay to Guide Dogs all sums pledged within six weeks of the event and return all used and un-used sponsor forms.
- Not hold on to money raised but send it to Guide Dogs regularly in cheque form (made payable to Guide Dogs) or paid directly via my Justgiving or Virgin Money Giving page.
- Not raise funds by carrying out ‘door to door’ or unsolicited collections.
- Not collect in any public place without first obtaining a collector's license from the local authority.
- Not collect on private property (including shops, pubs etc.) without obtaining the owner’s permission.
- Not conduct any raffle, lottery or public collection without first contacting the Guide Dogs Events Team.
- Accept that, in the event I have received a guaranteed Guide Dogs place, no income related to this fundraising can be reallocated to other fundraising products, including Name a Puppy.
- I consent that any photos taken of me at my event may be used on Guide Dogs social media pages (please note you can refuse their use at the point of being taken and ask for the photos to be removed from our social media at any time).
- Fully prepare myself for the physical challenge of the event and not hold Guide Dogs responsible for any accident, injury or illness sustained.
- Not do anything to bring Guide Dogs into disrepute.
- If the event is not run or organised by Guide Dogs, I am aware that this is the case and I will not hold Guide Dogs responsible for any loss, damage or claim that arises in relation to the event. Further I acknowledge that I may be asked to sign an agreement with the event organisers.
By accepting this Fundraising Agreement form I confirm that I will be 18 years of age or over by the date of the event and I accept all points stated in this Fundraiser Agreement.
1. This event is organised by The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association whose registered office is at Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, RG7 3YG (company registration number 291646) (registered charity number 209617 (England and Wales) and SC038979 (Scotland)) (“Guide Dogs”).
2. These terms and conditions apply to everyone who attends the Use Your Senses Fun Run event (“the Event”). By entering the Event you agree to abide by these terms and Conditions.
3. All participants taking part in the Event do so at their own risk. Save for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, Guide Dogs shall not be liable for any injuries, loss or damages whatsoever.
4. Tickets are non-transferable.
5. Guide Dogs reserve the right to alter the timings and programme of the event at any time.
6. All ages of participants are welcome to attend. All u16’s must be accompanied by a parent or guardian (over 18). Young adults (16-17) must have parental consent from their parent/guardian (18+) before registering for the event.
7. Guide Dogs reserve the right to disqualify and/or refuse attendance to/or participation in the Event to anyone who is in Guide Dogs reasonable opinion unfit to take part including but not limited to anyone who is or appears to be under the influence of alcohol, whether consumed prior to commencement or during the Event.
8. Sighted Guides can take part in the event for free to provide assistance for visually impaired participants.
By taking part in the Event you agree that you will:
9. Commit to use your best endeavours to raise the fundraising target for the Event, £25pp for adults and children (5+).
10. Inform the Use Your Senses Team if you are unable to take part in the Event. All monies paid to Guide Dogs by this time – including registration fees where relevant and sponsorship money already paid, including through online fundraising pages – are non-refundable and will be treated as a donation which you will make clear to all sponsors before they sponsor you.
11. Keep details of the names and addresses of, and amounts donated or pledged by, all donors and provide such details to Guide Dogs on request and will make it clear to sponsors that you will be doing this.
12. Endeavour to obtain and pay to Guide Dogs all sums of monies raised within four weeks of the Event, and return all used and un-used sponsor forms.
13. Not hold on to money raised but send it to Guide Dogs regularly in cheque form (made payable to Guide Dogs), over the phone by credit/debit card via Events Supporter Care, or paid directly via my online giving page.
14. Not raise funds by carrying out ‘door to door’ or unsolicited collections.
15. Not collect in any public place without first obtaining a Street Collection Licence or relevant licence from the local authority.
16. Not collect on private property (including shops, pubs etc.) without obtaining the owner’s permission.
17. Not conduct any raffle, lottery or public collection without first contacting the Guide Dogs Events Team.
18. Unless you advise otherwise, consent for the use of any pictures, feedback or comments Guide Dogs take during the event in any future advertising or promotion.
19. Ensure that you fully prepare yourself for the challenge of this event. You understand that the Use Your Senses routes are approximately 2.5/5km, it is not a race and is a family focused, non-timed event. You can walk, jog, run and bypass stations if required and will not hold Guide Dogs responsible for any accident, injury or illness sustained.
20. Not do anything to bring Guide Dogs into disrepute.
21. In the case where the event is cancelled, not hold Guide Dogs responsible for any loss, damage or raise any claim in relation to the Event.
22. Not consume alcohol, immediately prior to, at, or during the Event.
23. At the Event, wear your race number (completed with the emergency contact information) so it is clearly visible throughout the whole route. This number is unique to your booking and must not be swapped with other participants.
24. At the Event, bring appropriate clothing, footwear, medication and nourishment to ensure you can enjoy and safely participate in the event. You understand that the Sense Station activity may impact on clothing and will prepare appropriately.
25. At the Event, follow and adhere to the instructions given by the event organisers and event marshals.
26. Not use aggressive or abusive language towards any event staff.
27. At the Event, take precautions when entering each Sense Station. There will be a mixture of activities across each station which will be confirmed in advance of the event and that it is your responsibility to bypass a Sense Station if you are not able to safely participate in the activity.
28. At the Event, exercise caution at the Taste Sense Station.
29. Take responsibility for any allergies you may have and acknowledge that Guide Dogs will not be liable for any effects caused by any allergy.
30. At the Event, respect the rules of the park including but not limited to littering and will ensure all litter is disposed of responsibly.
31. If attending with a wheelchair, ensure that you can complete the route safely. Guide Dogs will aim to make the event as accessible as possible for all, but it is your responsibility to confirm the route suitability in advance of the event.
32. If attending with a pram/pushchair, follow the instructions given by the event staff and stewards on the day. You may be required to bypass activities at the Sense Station to avoid damage to this. You agree to start the event towards the back to ease congestion with runners.
In addition to the above, if participating in the dog-friendly wave you agree that you will:
33. Keep all dogs on a lead throughout the event. We recommend that dogs are on a harness rather than a collar. Please do not use a flexi lead.
34. Ensure all dog waste is cleared up and correctly disposed of. Please bring poo bags with you on the day.
35. Ensure that the one dog per participant ratio is adhered to, and that the handler always has full control.
36. Monitor the health and behaviour of your dog(s) to ensure each animal is fit, healthy and able to take part in the event. If a dog becomes stressed at any point, we recommend they are removed from the course.
37. Ensure that your dog is fully vaccinated to reduce the risk of spreading infection.
38. Not bring your dog if she is in season.
39. Take precautions when entering each Sense Station. There will be a mixture of activities across each station which will be confirmed in advance of the event and that it is your responsibility to bypass a Sense Station if your dog(s) is not able to safely participate in the activity.
40. Only participate in the dog friendly wave. Activities in the other waves are not appropriate for dogs.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions you confirm that
i) you will be 18 years of age or over by the date of the event, or
ii) that you have your parent or guardian’s permission to take part and fundraise for Guide Dogs.
If booking on behalf of a group, family and/or under 16-year-old, you confirm that these Terms and Conditions have been accepted by all participants within the booking. You accept all points stated within these Terms and Conditions.