The Guide Dogs Run
Looking for a fun day out with a twist? Take on The Guide Dogs Run and join a 5k run with a difference – everyone dresses as a dog!
You can choose to run it, jog it, walk it, or take on the course however suits you. Your dogs are welcome to take part in the fun too! Sign up today and you’ll receive your exclusive running outfit – your very own dog ears, nose and Guide Dogs Run t-shirt.
Take part with your friends, family, and four-legged friends and together we can raise vital funds for Guide Dogs. Every pound raised will help transform the lives of people living with sight loss.
And after you’re done, the fun’s just begun. Stick around for music, face painting and doggy demonstrations as we celebrate our amazing charity. Plus, you’ll get to meet some of our life-changing guide dogs at the finish line too. Now that’s what we call motivation!
Where is the Guide Dogs Run?
Taking place at various locations across the UK, we hope you’ll join us and help to raise vital funds for Guide Dogs, transforming the lives of people living with sight loss. Online registrations for our 2024 events will open towards the end of the year. Keep an eye out for further details here.
- 8 June 2024 – Glasgow Green, Glasgow, UK
- 29 June 2024 – Hylands Park, Essex, UK
- 31 August 2024 – Prospect Park, Reading, UK
- Sign up for FREE and pledge to raise £75.
Your donations will help change the lives of families living with sight loss. We’ll help you on your way to hitting your target with plenty of fundraising materials, ideas, and top tips.
Or you can:
- Pay a £20 entry fee, with no set fundraising target.
- Children under 16 can take part for free but must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs are welcome of course! Your four-legged friends can join in for free, but please only one dog per adult handler.
Once signed up, you’ll get…
- Your very own guide dog outfit including dog ears and nose.
- Your exclusive Guide Dogs Run t-shirt.
- Your race number.
- A fundraising pack with everything you need to help you hit your £75 fundraising target.
- Receive a Guide Dogs medal as you cross the finish line.
Become a star fundraiser…
- Raise £75 and you’ll receive a star fundraiser race number to wear with pride.
- Raise £100 and you'll also be sent a bespoke Guide Dogs water bottle.
- Raise £200 and you’ll also receive one of Guide Dogs belt bags.
Murray’s Guide Dogs Run story
Murray took part in the 2023 Guide Dogs Run in Glasgow, running with his father Stewart as his guide. Not only did Murry and Stewart cross the finish line first, but they also raised and incredible £925, making them our top fundraisers for the event.
Once you’re all signed up to the Guide Dogs Run, if you opted for the free entry, it’s time to get thinking about that all important fundraising. Reaching your £75 target doesn’t need to feel overwhelming, and we’re always on hand with lots of tips and resources to help kick start donations. Here are some simple steps to getting started:
Join our Guide Dog Events Facebook group to meet other #TeamGuideDog runners, get event reminders and updates, and share fundraising tips and tricks.