Free Will writing service
Why make a Will?
Making a Will is the best way of ensuring that your wishes are met, and the people and causes you care about are looked after.
What is the Free Will Service?
Writing or amending your Will need not be difficult or expensive. Guide Dogs offers a Free Will Service for our supporters and their partners. You can create or update a simple Will, free of charge, in person with a solicitor or by using an online Will writing service.
There’s no obligation to make a donation. But we would be extremely grateful if you could support us with a gift in your Will. A guide dog means freedom and independence for someone with sight loss and your legacy could ensure we continue to provide this precious gift.
How to use the Free Will Service
Face-to-face with a solicitor
Guide Dogs has partnered with the National Free Wills Network to enable you to write or update a simple Will for free. The National Free Wills Network has a network of solicitors across the UK and Guide Dogs pays a special rate to ensure that there is no cost to you when writing or updating a simple Will.
- To sign up for the Free Wills Network and receive a list of your local solicitors, please complete the form.
- Once you receive the form, please select a solicitor, from the list, and contact them directly to book an appointment at a time convenient for you.
- At the solicitor’s appointment, please remember to bring your declaration form enclosed in your pack.
Please note we're unable to send Free Wills packs to the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
Write your Will online
To help you get started with writing a Will from the comfort of your own home, we’ve teamed up with Bequeathed*, an online free Will writing service.
- When you’re ready to start drafting your Will, visit the Bequeathed website and follow the simple steps to register and start the online interview.
- Complete your online Will in your own time, with expert support and guidance available throughout the process if you need help at any point.
- Once the system has generated your Will, simply download it and follow the instructions to sign it and have it witnessed.
If you find your Will is more complicated and you want to take legal advice, just ask Bequeathed to refer you to one of their partner law firms. You will receive a free 30-minute appointment with a legal firm, either via video call or telephone or in their office, where you can discuss any queries and ensure your Will fully caters to your needs. **
There is no charge for a standard Will, which is suitable for most people.
Visit the Bequeathed website to find out more and sign up. The Bequeathed website is fully accessible, inclusive and suitable for all users.
**Please note that whilst current restrictions are in place, face-to-face appointments are on hold and are to be replaced with a virtual option.