Dog wellbeing volunteer
Do you love dogs? Have a few hours spare each week? Well you could support Guide Dogs by providing day-to-day care for ours dogs, to help them settle during their training to become a life-changer!
Search for an opportunity
If you are interested in becoming a dog wellbeing volunteer then the next step is to check if there is an opportunity available near you. You can use the search option below to find all volunteering opportunities near you and if you don't see a dog wellbeing volunteer option – don't worry! We do update our opportunities all the time so make sure you check back in.
What you’ll be doing
- Helping our dogs settle after a busy day training, using our training techniques.
- Helping create a comfortable environment for our dogs in training, through either cleaning the pens or preparing food enrichment toys.
- Assisting with grooming and toileting of the dogs.
- Getting involved with recording behaviours of our dogs to help with their training.
- Helping our dogs with some of their training to become a life changer!
You’ll ideally have:
- Enthusiasm to work with dogs and learn dog handling skills.
- Be physically able to support in cleaning and other physical tasks.
- Good communication skills and happy to work within a team.
If you don’t feel you tick every box, but are sure this role is the one for you, we’d love to hear from you! We’re always open to suggestions and are very happy to chat with you to discuss what’s possible, so please just get in touch at email@example.com.
What you’ll get
- The opportunity to work closely with our dogs and witness first hand their growth in training.
- To build your skills and experience in dog handling.
- To volunteer alongside Guide Dogs staff members, including guide dog trainers.
- The satisfaction in knowing your supporting our dogs in training, who will go on to help people with sight loss.
- A dedicated volunteer manager to support you through your journey.
- Full training to help support you within your role.