Large print children's books
We don’t believe a vision impairment should stop you, or your child, from knowing the joy of reading. That’s why our CustomEyes large print books give them the chance to read a real book, just like everybody else.
From Dr Seuss to Shakespeare, from inspirational fiction to educational textbooks, we have over 4,200 large print books available – and counting. Each one is custom made, with font size, spacing, colour and more all tailored to your child’s individual needs.
Why order a CustomEyes book?
A CustomEyes large print book for a child with sight loss means children and young people can have exactly the same books as their friends and classmates. This not only helps them keep up at school, they can share books with friends too.
If your child is not comfortable using a magnifier, or gets tired using a screen, they can pick up a real book and still enjoy reading and learning.
Becoming a CustomEyes member is easy and completely free. And thanks to a generous Guide Dogs subsidy, all large print books are available at the recommended retail price, regardless of format.
How to order a CustomEyes book
- Become a CustomEyes member by filling in an individual or schools and services form
- Take a look at our catalogue , then download an order form – this is where you can tell us how you’d like your book customised
- We'll send your CustomEyes book to enjoy within seven working days of receiving your order
How can I tailor my book?
When you order your book, please tell us the:
- font type, such as Comic Sans or Verdana
- font size, such as 18 or 48
- font strength, such as bold or normal
- line spacing, such as single, 1.5 or double
- paper colour for the pages
- binding, for example spiral binding so books lie flat
You can also send it back to us at:
How many books can I order?
There's no limit to how many books you can order, however, large orders may affect the delivery time - but we'll be in contact if it does.
What is the delivery charge?There's a handling fee of £2.50 per order.
I currently have an order with you, when will I receive my books?We currently estimate two – three weeks turnaround providing we also still have Royal Mail Collections. This may be reviewed pending other government guidance, but we will keep you informed.
I am a school and we have placed a large order – will this take longer?Yes, due to the current volumes we would expect a longer delay processing large orders.
Who do I contact to discuss my order?You can call the CustomEyes team on 0118 983 8275, Monday – Friday 9am-5pm.