Guide Dogs People Awards 2019
The 2019 People Awards are now closed
Thank you for all the entries into this year's People Awards. Winners will be announced at the People Awards in Atherton on 14th November.
Nominate service users and staff for the People Awards
Guide Dogs’ annual People Awards recognise the amazing contributions of volunteers, staff and the people that use our services. Volunteers have already been nominated through the Local Volunteer Awards. Nominate the fantastic service users and staff you know, today.
Nominate a service user
The categories are:
- Inspirational Person of the Year - someone who has overcome challenges, making a difference, inspiring others.
- Guide Dog Partnership of the Year – a partnership that lives an inspirational life to the full.
- My Guide Partnership of the Year – a partnership that enables a service user and volunteer to enjoy life to the full.
- Inspirational Young Person of the Year - someone under the age of 25 who is achieving their goals, inspiring others to enjoy life to the full.
Nominate a staff member or team
The categories are:
- Open – An individual or team that listens to and works with others and is inclusive in everything they do. They share their expertise and experience with anyone who can benefit from it and always seeks to learn from others.
- Passionate – An individual or team that is positive and passionate about our life-changing work and will challenge everything that prevents people with sight loss living full and rewarding lives.
- Innovative – An individual or team that strives to continuously improve the services we provide and will never stop innovating.
- Dedication – An individual or team that has shown great determination and expertise in the performance of their work.
- Partnerships – An individual or team that has worked in unison with a colleague, service user or external source to forge a solid working partnership.
- Unsung hero – An individual or team that has gone beyond the remit of their role. An outstanding achievement which is little known about to date or has been unacknowledged.