Is this volunteering role right for me?
You can choose how much time you give to this role and you must be aged 16 or over.
What does Fundraising involve?
Fundraising involves helping Guide Dogs raise money through events. Our fundraisers are normally members of their local fundraising group. You will have the chance to take part in some – or all – of the following:
- Street collections
- Helping us on stalls at local events
- Delivering collection boxes to local businesses
- Attending local events organised by branches or Community Fundraisers, and keeping track of what we sell on our stalls (including the cuddly toys!)
- Counting donations
Key requirements and FAQs
What skills or experience are required?
- Good communication skills
- Working as part of a team
- Previous fundraising experience is a bonus
What training and support will I receive?
- Regular and continued support from us
- Payment of out of pocket expenses
- Equipment needed for events
What are the next steps?
If you would like to become a fundraiser for Guide Dogs, the next step is to check if there is an opportunity available near you. You can use the search option below to find all volunteering opportunities near you and if you don't see a fundraising option – don't worry! We update our opportunities all the time so make sure you check back in.
Once you have completed the application online, and matched our criteria, a member of our volunteering team will be in touch.