Assist the local fundraising team in promoting and taking part in a variety of activities to raise money for Guide Dogs.
The time commitment can be very flexible and the fundraising groups organise events throughout the year.
You will have the chance to take part in some or all of the following:
- Street collections on ‘flag’ days
- Help on stalls at local events
- Taking collection boxes to local businesses
- Attending local events organised by branches or Community Fundraisers and keeping track of what we sell on our stalls (including the cuddly toys!)
- Count donations
- Fundraisers are usually members of the local fundraising group
- Local, often outdoors
- Good communication skills
- Working as part of a team
- A chance to chat with members of the public about Guide Dogs
- Have fun and a sense of satisfaction taking part in fundraising events and collections
- Providing support to Guide Dogs to enable it to provide guide dogs and other mobility services that increase the independence and dignity of blind and partially-sighted people
- An opportunity to build experience for your CV
- Fundraisers have the chance to get more involved in organising activities by joining their local committee
- Regular and ongoing support from your branch and Guide Dogs
- Payment of out of pocket expenses
- Not for this volunteer role
- 14 years
Meet one of our existing Fundraisers
I enjoy the events and get a buzz out of fundraising. What could be better than raising money for a good cause and having fun at the same time?"
Alison has been a fundraiser for three years. Here she tells us what she enjoys about the role.
"I like helping people, and I like to keep busy. Since volunteering I have discovered that I am actually capable of organising events and remaining calm (most of the time!) in the face of hectic circumstances. I’ve gained both self-confidence and a feeling of satisfaction that I have helped to improve the lives of other people, even if only in a small way.
Last year our group raised over £3,500 through stands at different events, store collections, and table top sales.
I enjoy the events and get a buzz out of fundraising. It’s very interesting meeting new people from all walks of life. What could be better than raising money for a good cause and having fun at the same time?"
Apply now for up to two volunteering roles in your areaApply now!