Can I apply for a dog?
If you are blind or partially sighted Guide Dogs is committed to providing you with a guide dog or another more suitable mobility service.
- Age – there is no lower or upper age limit
- Living circumstances – religious or cultural backgrounds; city or rural locations; employed or unemployed; so long as the dogs physical and emotional needs are met, most circumstances can be accommodated
- Level of sight loss – you do not need to have lost all your remaining sight
- Cost – if needed, financial assistance is available
- Training – we will work with you, and where relevant with other organisations, to achieve your goals
Find out more about the services we can offer you
If you are interested in applying for a guide dog your next step is to talk through your options with us. Call us on 0345 1430229 or contact your local Guide Dogs office and they will be able to talk you through the process.