Are you passionate about campaigning for people’s rights? Do you want to be part of the drive to help people with sight loss live the life they choose? All whilst being a part of a community of like-minded people? Well, this could be the perfect volunteer role for you!
Search for a volunteering opportunity near you
If you are interested in becoming a campaigner volunteer then the next step is to check if there is an opportunity available near you. You can use the search option below to find all volunteering opportunities near you and if you don't see a campaigner volunteer option – don't worry! We do update our opportunities all the time so make sure you check back in.
What you'll be doing
- Distributing all-important information about our campaigns to your local community to help people with sight loss.
- Building momentum around our campaigns to encourage more people to support, from posting on social media to writing to local MPs.
- Identifying stories in your local area which can help promote the message of our campaigns and help raise awareness.
- Meeting like-minded people at campaign events or meetings.
You'll ideally have
- Passion for supporting people with sight loss through our campaigns.
- Confidence in communicating with others to spread a message.
If you don’t feel you tick every box, but are sure this role is the one for you, we’d love to hear from you! We’re always open to suggestions and are very happy to chat with you to discuss what’s possible, so please just get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To build experience and skills in campaigning and communication, which can be used for career advancements.
- An in-depth understanding of the issues that affect people with sight loss.
- To meet new, like-minded people.
- To play a pivotal role in helping people with sight loss to live actively, independently, and well.
- A dedicated volunteer manager to support you through your journey.
- First-hand training to support you throughout your role.
What we need from you
The minimum age for this role is 16.