If you love being behind the wheel and want to use your driving skills to help a charity, then you can join Guide Dogs today! As a volunteer driver, you will be helping us make a difference to people with sight loss, through supporting us with any transport requirements.
Search for an opportunity
If you would like to become a driver for Guide Dogs, the next step is to check if there is an opportunity available near you. You can use the search option below to find all volunteering opportunities near you and if you don't see a driver option – don't worry! We update our opportunities all the time so make sure you check back in.
What you’ll be doing
- Using your driving skills to safely transport our dogs, people, or equipment to their agreed destination. This could be to a fundraising event, or to a specialist vet appointment.
- Following guidelines on how to appropriately handle and transport young puppies or adult dogs.
- Providing all round safe transportation for everybody.
You’ll ideally have:
- Confident and conscientious driving skills.
- Willingness to drive a variety of distances, some may be out of your local area.
If you don’t feel you tick every box but are sure this role is the one for you, we’d love to hear from you! We’re always open to suggestions and are very happy to chat with you to discuss what’s possible, so please just get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you’ll get
- To interact and meet a variety of individuals throughout Guide Dogs.
- To use your driving skills to help a charity.
- The satisfaction in knowing your supporting people with sight loss to live actively, independently, and well.
- A dedicated volunteer manager to help you through your volunteer journey.
- Full training and support to help you within your volunteer role.