Event Day Assistant
If you are somebody who loves getting involved with organising events or want to get involved in more activities in your local community, then this volunteer role could be perfect for you! From marathons to festivals, there is an event for everyone that you can support with.
Search for a volunteering opportunity near you
If you are interested in becoming a event day assistant volunteer then the next step is to check if there is an opportunity available near you. You can use the search option below to find all volunteering opportunities near you and if you don't see a event day assistant volunteer option – don't worry! We do update our opportunities all the time so make sure you check back in.
What you'll be doing
- Getting stuck in with the preparation for events in the community, from planning to event co-ordination, there is a variety of activities you can get involved with.
- Building up momentum with participants on the day of the event, from cheering them on to greeting them with a smiling face.
- Being the perfect host for participants of the events, such as offering well-deserved refreshments.
- Assisting with on the day tasks like hosting a stall or marshalling a route.
You’ll ideally have
- A knack for organisation and planning to prepare for these different events.
- A sociable personality to interact with different people at the event.
If you don’t feel you tick every box, but are sure this role is the one for you, we’d love to hear from you! We’re always open to suggestions and are very happy to chat with you to discuss what’s possible, so please just get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you'll get
- First hand experience in planning and hosting events to improve your skills in event management.
- To network and socialise with a variety of people.
- The satisfaction in knowing you are supporting those with sight loss to live actively, independently, and well, through your support at these events.
- A dedicated volunteer manager to support you through your volunteer journey.
- Full training support to help you in planning events.
What we need from you
The minimum age for this role is 18.