Events Demonstration Assistant
In this role, you will support showcasing Guide Dogs services and promoting our brand, through the delivery of creative demonstrations at events.
Search for a volunteering opportunity near you
What you’ll be doing
We rely on volunteers like you to help us improve the lives of people with sight loss. In this role your support will include:
- Delivering demonstrations with a dog at agreed events, to help us deliver key messages and showcase Guide Dogs services.
- Delivering demonstrations both in-person and virtually.
Ideally you will:
- Have a Guide Dog which can include breeding dogs, withdrawn dogs, working dogs and retired dogs.
- Have confidence in public speaking and the ability to deliver clear and concise information to varying audiences.
- Be able to respond to needs of your dog during demonstration.
- Be flexible and adaptable, to adapt demonstrations or learn new skills to improve demonstrations.
- Be able to travel to events.
If you don’t feel you tick every box but are sure this role is the one for you, please drop us a message and tell us why. We’re open to suggestions and happy to chat with you to find out what’s possible!
Volunteering is a two-way street, so in return for your time you will get a dedicated volunteer manager/key contact who will help you settle in and support you during your time with us. You’ll also get:
- An opportunity to develop your skills and understanding in public speaking and demonstrating.
- An opportunity to further develop your dog’s training in Positive Reinforcement Training.
- The satisfaction in knowing you are supporting people with sight loss to live actively, independently, and well.
Training and support
This role has 5 hours of training and then you’ll be ready to go! These modules include:
- Events demonstration; demonstration content, techniques, and delivery.
- Health and safety.
- Dog wellbeing training.
If you have questions about the training requirements, we can answer these at your interview along with any other support or accessibility needs you may have.
Volunteering for Guide Dogs should never leave you out of pocket. We’ll make sure we pay any expenses related to your volunteering with us in line with our policy.
What we need from you
Criminal Disclosure check necessary? No
We are working hard to make sure anyone who wants to can volunteer for Guide Dogs, but at the moment we have a minimum age of 18 for this particular role.