Tips for parents on accessing social services
Being a parent or carer to a child or young person who has a disability can sometimes present challenges – but rest assured plenty of help is available from social services.
What if your application for help is unsuccessful?
- Possible indications of a vision impairment
- Eye conditions explained
- Early diagnosis
- Common misconceptions about vision impairment
- Tips on completing Disability Living Allowance and Carer’s Allowance Forms
- Professionals supporting your family
- Tips for parents on accessing social services
- Jargon buster
- Answering your child's questions about sight loss
- Supporting brothers and sisters
- Coping with the loss of your dog