To provide administrative help for the team as well as providing a key point of contact with staff, volunteers and general public.
Most admin work takes place during the hours 9-5 Monday to Friday (although this is dependent on duties required) and volunteers join for some of this time.
- Working with other administrative staff
- Making and receiving phone calls
- Data entry, filing, typing and general office duties
- There may be occasions where you have the opportunity to get involved in other areas, including attending events or other activities
- To liaise with other departments/volunteers as and when necessary and provide additional admin support where appropriate
- Where applicable assist with the handling of both incoming/outgoing mail
- Guide Dogs office/home location
- Good communicator (verbal and written)
- Good interpersonal skills and good telephone manner
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other applications
- Able and willing to work as part of a team and also be able to work independently
- Friendly and approachable
- Support Guide Dogs to provide mobility services that enable people with sight loss to enjoy the same freedom of movement as everyone else
- An understanding of how the different parts of Guide Dogs work
- An opportunity to build skills, knowledge and experience
- Become a valued and integral part of the Guide Dogs team
- Regular and ongoing support from your supervisor
- Payment of all out of pocket expenses
- Basic induction to Guide Dogs and to the role
- An opportunity to take part in any general Guide Dogs volunteer training and development that is available
- Not for this volunteer role
- 18 years
Meet one of our existing admin volunteers
With the guidance and training it all came together quickly"
Bev first started volunteering as Volunteering Office Admin Support, after being made redundant from her previous job of 14 years.
"I decided I wanted to volunteer with Guide Dogs as it is an organisation very close to my heart. The Volunteer Office Admin Support role is a varied data entry, processing role including the processing of volunteer applications in all different roles for the whole of the county. I felt that the Volunteering Office was most grateful for any time that I could offer to the admin role, around my own personal commitments.
I was able to have hands-on experience with incoming and outgoing calls from volunteers, and getting to speak with potential volunteers going through the recruitment process.
There was a lot to learn and a lot of information to take in with all the different processes, however with guidance and training it all came together quickly, and I was able to gain insight into the complete recruitment process from start to finish, and an understanding of just how much the organisation as a whole relies on the time and support from all its volunteers.
The Volunteer Office is a lively, busy office and there is always work to be done which means the time flies whilst learning new skills at the same time!"
Apply now for up to two volunteering roles in your areaApply now!