Events day assistant
Our event participants can’t cross the finish line without the support of volunteers like you!
By volunteering with the Guide Dogs Events team you’ll be helping to make a huge different to the lives of people who are blind and partially-sighted. But that’s not all - you'll be part of a great team, have the chance to attend some of the best events in the country, and we promise you'll have a lot of fun!
You’d be joining the team as an Event Day Assistant, which is a really varied role which will be tailored to you!
Depending on the event(s) you choose to attend you could be helping to set up branding, covering registration, bag drop or stalls, cheering on our participants, co-ordinating sports massages, escorting participants to the post-race reception, handing out medals or marshalling.
Search for a volunteering opportunity near you
- Puppy Raiser (formerly called a Puppy Walker)
- Sighted guide
- Dog Exerciser
- Fosterer (formerly called a Boarder)
- Breeding Dog Holder - Brood (formerly called a Brood Bitch Holder)
- Breeding Dog Holder - Stud (formerly called a Stud Dog Holder)
- Admin support
- Reception support
- Fundraising Group Treasurer
- Collection Box Coordinator
- Dog Driver
- Events day assistant
- Student volunteers
- Fundraising Co-ordinator