Is this volunteering role right for me?
The time devoted to this role can be flexible, depending on your own availability, and you need be aged 18 years old or over.
What does being a speaker involve?
- Identifying and sourcing opportunities to deliver talks to groups, clubs and organisations in your local area.
- Talks should be natural, enthusiastic and passionate about sharing our life changing stories, highlighting the difference GD continues to make to people’s lives who are living with sight loss.
- Attending cheque presentations and corporate supporters of Guide Dogs when requested by the local Guide Dogs team in order to grow their support and passing on any donations received
- Encouraging local organisations and groups to support and fundraise for Guide Dogs.
Key requirements and FAQs
Search for a volunteering opportunity near you
- Puppy Raiser (formerly called a Puppy Walker)
- Sighted guide
- Dog Exerciser
- Fosterer (formerly called a Boarder)
- Breeding Dog Holder - Brood (formerly called a Brood Bitch Holder)
- Breeding Dog Holder - Stud (formerly called a Stud Dog Holder)
- Admin support
- Reception support
- Fundraising Group Treasurer
- Collection Box Coordinator
- Dog Driver
- Events day assistant
- Student volunteers
- Fundraising Co-ordinator