Our Corporate Partner: Toyota
Our amazing relationship with Toyota GB began as a Charity of the Year partnership in 2017. Toyota’s initial aim was to support a working guide dog partnership for 10,000 days over the course of a year. This was achieved after six months and our partnership continued for 3 years!
What we've achieved
Our partnership grew from strength to strength. We smashed our fundraising target, raising over £300k since 2017, achieving thousands of hours of mobility support to people with sight loss.
The Toyota team really embraced the opportunities that the partnership brought.
Education and awareness
Education of employees was important to Toyota as a part of its inclusion and diversity objectives. Staff had the opportunity to learn about sight loss through talks, workshops and blindfold walks. All helping them to develop more understanding around the challenges of mobility. They even held their own Guide Dogs Awareness week, helping other people learn about sight loss and the work that Guide Dogs does to support adults, young people, children and their families, both with and beyond the guide dog.
Customised employee volunteering opportunities
Fundraising, team collaboration and fun!
The whole Toyota GB team pulled together. Through fundraising activities, challenge events and awareness-raising opportunities, our partnership has supported team collaboration, team and personal achievement, and bonding across the organisation - all to help people with sight loss live more actively, independently and well.
We’ve done so much together. Some of the key achievements of the Toyota team include:
- Educating employees about sight loss as part of their inclusion and diversity goals
- Had lots of fun with the Director’s Challenge that saw employees walking and cycling the length of Hadrian’s Wall, raising £60,000
- Held a 'Song for Guide Dogs', singing their way to raise £11,500
- Engaged in nationwide employee fundraising, including Toyota local dealerships, such as quiz nights, hey sales from Toyota UK's own on-site honeybees, recycled Toyota merchandise sales and much more!
- Numerous employee volunteering opportunities, which included a member of staff qualifying to become a sighted guide
- Guide Dog Annual Awards transport sponsorship
Toyota has sponsored four lovely puppies, including, the lifetime of a guide dog, helping further transform the lives of people living with a vision impairment.